Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kensun h10 fogs

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Kensun h10 fogs

So i bought my new 2013 stx and after my last truck i had to get hids. Went with the 55watt 6k up top and 35w 6k for the fogs. When i pulled them out of the package yesterday i noticed the bulb kit looked different from my old f150 fog kit. Called them and they said no its not we matched the order indentical to what your old truck had. I go well where is the female connector to hold the wires that plug into the wire harness that goes to the truck? THey stated just plug the connectors in and use tape nothing bad will happen. Wrong! Melted the wire this morning. Called and left a message. Little pissed off that kensun would tell me its fine when clearly something was missing on the bulb wiring.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:36 PM
MGD
former member

Received 856 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by mcarltonjr
So i bought my new 2013 stx and after my last truck i had to get hids. Went with the 55watt 6k up top and 35w 6k for the fogs. When i pulled them out of the package yesterday i noticed the bulb kit looked different from my old f150 fog kit. Called them and they said no its not we matched the order indentical to what your old truck had. I go well where is the female connector to hold the wires that plug into the wire harness that goes to the truck? THey stated just plug the connectors in and use tape nothing bad will happen. Wrong! Melted the wire this morning. Called and left a message. Little pissed off that kensun would tell me its fine when clearly something was missing on the bulb wiring.
What did you expect from a cheap chinglish PnP HID kit, without even so much as a proper relay harness, let alone the incredibly poor overall quality?

You purty much received what you paid for - a headache.

I recommend that you ditch that garbage before yer nice new truck catches on fire.

If you insist upon running PnP's for some inexplicable reason, at least buy quality ones - like these: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems.html

HID's don't belong in fogs at all, unless it's within a retrofitted projector.

MGD

BMW X5 LED fogs have finally arrived!

Last edited by MGD; 04-11-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 12:41 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MGD
What did you expect from a cheap chinglish PnP HID kit, without even so much as a proper relay harness, let alone the incredibly poor overall quality?

You purty much received what you paid for - a headache.

I recommend that you ditch that garbage before yer nice new truck catches on fire.

If you insist upon running PnP's for some inexplicable reason, at least buy quality ones - like these: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-systems.html

HID's don't belong in fogs at all, unless it's within a retrofitted projector.

MGD
My old ones worked well on my old f150. They just sent the wrong bulb kit. My headlights work great and went together perfectly. Never had a problem with kensun till the sent the wrong part. The last time i bought something with morimoto logo on it for my f150 for my projectors it killed my battery 3 times. I ended up going back to stock headlight housings with the kensun hid kits. If what you say is quality then why did it kill my battery 3 times? May want to reconsider what you call quality.

Last edited by mcarltonjr; 04-11-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Kensun h10 fogs