Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katzkin leather seats, carbon trim, red stitching

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 07:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Katzkin leather seats, carbon trim, red stitching

Two weeks ago I bought a 2018 F-150 XLT Special Edition, and was a bit bummed I couldn't get leather as a factory option from Ford. I considered going with the Lariat Special Edition, but their big red patches were too intense for me. So, I went the XLT route and had Katzkin custom make me the seat combo that I believe Ford should have offered themselves as part of the Special Edition packages: mostly black leather, with carbon fiber look trim, and salsa red stitching (to match the steering wheel, shifter, and console cover).

Happy camper

Last edited by CA$HFLOW; 03-22-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: (Forgot To Upload Picture)
Old 03-22-2018, 07:04 PM

Close-up pic
Old 03-22-2018, 08:32 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

looks good!
Old 03-22-2018, 08:35 PM

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

VERY NICE!!! I have the same plan... Bought the XLT SE and plan to swap to Katzkin. May I ask what they cost?

I just installed a Raptor Steering wheel too.. I wish the Raptor wheel had red stitching also... but the centering strip makes up for it..

Do you think there will be a market for our OEM seat covers?
Old 03-22-2018, 09:13 PM

The dealer I bought the truck from doesn't do any aftermarket mods at all because of a previous lawsuit on a lift kit that "failed" and someone died as a result. They wouldn't even coordinate leather as part of the purchase. So, I had to go straight to the installer myself, and probably overpaid as a result (no dealer discount). I didn't end up negotiating on price either, which in hindsight was probably a mistake, but I was honesty too excited over my first new vehicle in 12 years AND the thought of getting the custom leather added. Their retail price was $1500 for black leather in a supercrew, plus $100 more for carbon trim, plus $100 more for red stitching. With tax it ended up just over $1,800 installed. Took them two days to get the covers made and shipped, and two days to install.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:14 PM

Received 462 Likes on 251 Posts

Yeah I can attest to the quality of Katskinz.

I had some in my old car, actually just sold the car today

Old 03-22-2018, 10:45 PM

HwyCycle: I didn't even think to ask the installer if the stock "sport" cloth covers could be salvaged after they removed them to put in the leather. I would guess there probably is someone out there who would be willing to pay something for them, but probably not very much since I've heard that you can get brand new Katzkin leather covers online for ~$600 if you're willing to tackle the install yourself (which I wasn't). So, maybe $200 for like-new cloth takeoffs on all seats?

Quick Reply: Katzkin leather seats, carbon trim, red stitching