Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N Cold Air with Turbonator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Cold Air with Turbonator?

I have been shopping around and have a K&N 77 series cold air intake for my '97 F150 4.6L. In my shopping around I found the Turbonator inserts. Has anyone put one of these into a K&N cold air intake? In theory it should just improve air flow more, but I'm hoping someone knows more
Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 PM
SJP

Received 94 Likes on 90 Posts

Never heard of these. Post a link to what you are talking about.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just want to remind you that when and if you clean the K&N let it sit in the sun and dry the oil for a bit....The oil will suck down in the MasAir.....I know the hard way on my 98
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by SJP
Never heard of these. Post a link to what you are talking about.
After alittle more research i found that the company that makes them is being sued for false advertising, but it was a vortex fan that was supposed to make the air get in the intake faster. After much testing they were all found to restrict airflow. Guess thats why they are so cheap on ebay ha
Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by DaughtryLc
I just want to remind you that when and if you clean the K&N let it sit in the sun and dry the oil for a bit....The oil will suck down in the MasAir.....I know the hard way on my 98
Thank you for the tip on that one. Did you really notice a difference in power or mpg though? My truck sits on 35's so improving either one is good with me
Old 02-22-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by MC-F150
Thank you for the tip on that one. Did you really notice a difference in power or mpg though? My truck sits on 35's so improving either one is good with me

Straight to the point, No, I didn't notice a difference in power or MPG. The only thing that I did notice is that the tranny was not shifting near as often under a load. I am not completely sure that had anything to do with the K&N or not cause soon after is when I did my gear swap.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT
Straight to the point, No, I didn't notice a difference in power or MPG. The only thing that I did notice is that the tranny was not shifting near as often under a load. I am not completely sure that had anything to do with the K&N or not cause soon after is when I did my gear swap.
Thank you for the honesty. Does it make a difference sound wise? Everything i read people dont stop about how different it sounds

Quick Reply: K&N Cold Air with Turbonator?