Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed SuperBumpers, front and rear

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Installed SuperBumpers, front and rear

I did a search on "SuperBumper" and it looks like it's been a couple of years since the last install post, so I'll make this a new topic.

I buy into the rationale for the SuperBumper as given on their website, http://www.superbumper.com, and decided to try them. I think it's the kind of accessory that's too expensive until they save you from a whiplash and a pile of damage costs. I'm still in a "protect my new truck" mode so I came down on the side of buying and installing them. I've got a 2012 F150 Lariat 4x4 offroad.

The install was straightforward. I had to use a ratchet strap (as suggested in the instructions) to compress the rubber enough to get the hitch pins to go in. And I had to use a large pipe wrench (the only tool I had that would fit) to screw down the hitch ball.

The finish on the rear SuperBumper got scratched by the strap (surprising), and the non-slip adhesive-backed surface got torn up a bit by the wrench. (I put down a couple of layers of tape to protect it, but the tape got torn up by the wrench. I didn't notice until it was too late.)

The rear SuperBumper doesn't stick out too far and makes a nice step.

The front SuperBumper is mounted on the front of a Warn Trans4Mer Gen 2 winch mount, and between the winch mount and the SuperBumper sticks out quite far. Might make fitting into parking spots harder. But I wanted to protect my winch mount from people backing into it, so we'll see how it goes.

Here are some pictures:

Installed SuperBumpers, front and rear-rear-behind.jpg

Installed SuperBumpers, front and rear-rear-side.jpg

Installed SuperBumpers, front and rear-rear-top.jpg

Installed SuperBumpers, front and rear-front-ahead.jpg

Installed SuperBumpers, front and rear-front-side.jpg
The following users liked this post:
Ts01 (06-15-2013)
Old 06-18-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Recommend it highly, saved me twice from parkinglot 'park by feel' drivers. I had to take some spit to remove the smudge they left on it, along with their front license holder :-)
I do suggest popping the end caps off, and put some silicon caulk on them, I had one lost when it vibrated loose. Did that on both sides and it's 100% solid.

Great people to work with, had a problem with backup sensors detecting it and they sent me a number of different thickness pads till I found the right combo.

Great product, great people, recommend them highly.

Last edited by hcbph; 06-18-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Installed SuperBumpers, front and rear