Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed KUSTOMFX over head switches

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 08:45 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Installed KUSTOMFX over head switches

Finally got around to installing my KustomFX switches (buttons) yesterday. First I would like to say that these things are top notch quality and built very well. Install is very easy and come with great instructions. Now I decided to be hard on myself and chose to go thru the passenger side firewall grommet. It looks exactly like the one on the driver side. I will caution that using the pass side is a huge pain in the ***** and hard on your hands. After removing glove box and all related panels I noticed there is no way to see the grommet from inside of the cab ( it is completely blocked by A/C system). At this point I was already dedicated to my decision so I pushed on. I had to remove Batt and tray, then the fuse box under the hood. Still with little to no room I pulled the grommet out of the fire wall ( their is a large wire harness already run thru it so you can pop it out but it will stay at the firewall). Now the fun part, getting the wire to the firewall (lots of trial and error) and a hole thru the grommet, It seamed like 3 separate rubber walls in that thing. Last part of the fun was getting the wire thru the grommet. Putting everything back together is straight forwarded and easy. Any way the wire is not hooked up yet as I still need to find the time to build the relay/fuse board I'm gonna put on top of the fuse panel. Also I did have Brett make mine with 5 extra feet of wire so I could route into the engine bay. Feel free to ask any questions and I will help out where I can.

The following users liked this post:
johnnyknucks (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 04:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! This is in my "to do" list...
Old 02-15-2018, 05:17 PM

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Looks great, I have them in my 09. Definitely top notch.
Old 02-15-2018, 05:36 PM

Received 178 Likes on 154 Posts

too late to help you now but for those who are planning on doing this, or anything related, lube up the wire(s) you want to get through the grommet with some dish or hand soap. makes it a lot easier to pull through.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:02 PM

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by nineball
too late to help you now but for those who are planning on doing this, or anything related, lube up the wire(s) you want to get through the grommet with some dish or hand soap. makes it a lot easier to pull through.
that is a great idea. the issue I mostly had was the grommet I chose to use, most go thru the driver side. when I saw the one on the pass side that looked exactly like the drive side I thought "self, this will work". its a lot tighter once you try to go that way but worth it. gonna put everything close to the batt just the way I wanted with minimal visible wires.

Quick Reply: Installed KUSTOMFX over head switches