Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed 5100's, have a question

Old 04-04-2016, 12:22 PM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

Default Installed 5100's, have a question

My bro-in-law and I installed them yesterday. The rears are cake. the front's we had some issues only because we didn't have a big enough wrench or socket for the lower control. We ended up getting it with his work tools and impact. compressing these springs are something else. I've work on suspension on my previous car and using 2 spring compressors were no problem. we had to use 3 on these springs and even then, the bolts were showing signs of bowing in the middle. a little scary but we got them all set.

My dumb ***** sucks at reading apparently and the rubber bushing was left OFF the bump stop. How much of an issue is this? those who've done the fronts know the bump stop is not on as tight as it was on the stock shock. I was hoping to avoid having to remove everything all over again and leave it off OR slice that bushing in half and see if i can slide it on??

thanks all.
Attached Thumbnails Installed 5100's, have a question-5100-1.png  
Attached Images  
Old 04-05-2016, 02:11 PM

Received 308 Likes on 247 Posts

nope?
Old 04-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I put my 5100's on we forgot a bumper, but we found it before we had it back in the truck....if it were me I would pull it back apart.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed 5100's, have a question