Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think someone should...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default I think someone should...

It would be really nice if a company would come out with a relocation kit for us ecoboost owners to move the inter cooler higher up. It would give us way more piece of mind off road and also on road when rocks r flying on the highway. This would also allow us to utilize more after market bumpers etc... Anyone know of anything in the works or also might be interested in something like this?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Move it up where? The only place you could feasibly move it up would be right behind the grill and it would be just as exposed there as it is where it currently sits. Also if you put it up there you then have to have the air go through it, the oil cooler, a/c condenser, and then the radiator which could cause cooling issues.

If you found a way to move it behind the bumper, then that of course defeats the purpose of an air to air intercooler altogether. It needs LOTS of air going across it to function properly. I could see an air to water intercooler perhaps working well and being installed in a more inconspicuous space, but that would be a pretty costly endeavor.

Aside from not having many aftermarket bumper options out there, just put a small grille on the opening and all is fine. I've had one on mine since I bought it last summer and went through the hottest summer in TX history with it no problem.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking about this too.

I thought it would be cool to replace the one with two smaller ones, and relocate them up on top, like the WRX, one on each side, and change the hood to a Raptor 'like' hood with functional inlet/scoops on top.

Or even just relocate the existing to the top center with a functional inlet/scoop.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:49 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

2 would be a tone of piping but that would be so bad@$$

Quick Reply: I think someone should...