Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

husky x-act fit floor liners vs weathertech

Old 07-01-2017, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default husky x-act fit floor liners vs weathertech

I just upgraded my truck from a 2005 F150 King Ranch Supercrew to a 2017 F150 Supercrew. I had a set of tan-colored weathertechs in my supercrew and was about to order those for my new '17 and noticed the x-act fit Husky on the auto parts site I was perusing.

After reading a few reviews I decided to give the Husky floor liners a try and boy am I glad I did. They are much thicker/heavier rubber BY FAR than the weathertechs and once in place they aren't going to slide around.

The rear liner is much larger than my weather techs were and goes completely under the rear seat all the way up to the back of the seat frame. It's so far under there, it had to tucked under the bracket about an inch.

The fit is excellent. The cut/contour fits my truck like a glove everywhere. While the weathertechs did fit, these fit better.

From a material standpoint, the Husky are a heavier product - more like a thick rubber mat than a plastic liner like the weathertech. That means a couple of things: First, they fit better as they lay down over uneven areas better. Second, being much heavier than my weathertechs I suspect that they will provide a bit more "noise dampening" since they are both much heaver/thicker and quite a bit larger. Given my cab is already quiet on the highway it's probably not going to be noticeable but may help a little on noisy pavement. Time will tell on this last part.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:27 AM
Platinum Vendor

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Comparison

Originally Posted by ken800
I just upgraded my truck from a 2005 F150 King Ranch Supercrew to a 2017 F150 Supercrew. I had a set of tan-colored weathertechs in my supercrew and was about to order those for my new '17 and noticed the x-act fit Husky on the auto parts site I was perusing.

After reading a few reviews I decided to give the Husky floor liners a try and boy am I glad I did. They are much thicker/heavier rubber BY FAR than the weathertechs and once in place they aren't going to slide around.

The rear liner is much larger than my weather techs were and goes completely under the rear seat all the way up to the back of the seat frame. It's so far under there, it had to tucked under the bracket about an inch.

The fit is excellent. The cut/contour fits my truck like a glove everywhere. While the weathertechs did fit, these fit better.

From a material standpoint, the Husky are a heavier product - more like a thick rubber mat than a plastic liner like the weathertech. That means a couple of things: First, they fit better as they lay down over uneven areas better. Second, being much heavier than my weathertechs I suspect that they will provide a bit more "noise dampening" since they are both much heaver/thicker and quite a bit larger. Given my cab is already quiet on the highway it's probably not going to be noticeable but may help a little on noisy pavement. Time will tell on this last part.

We hear this comparison often because both companies make a really great product. The Weatherbeater product that Husky puts out is going to be a very close comparison to the WeatherTech liner. I actually have the X-act Contours in my vehicle as well and can say that switching was a great decision. The flexibility to easily remove the Husky X-act was so much easier than with a large plastic tray. I've also found out that the rubberized material is much easy to clean and stays looking great even after having them for over a year. If you have any questions on the ones you purchased feel free to give me a shout!
Old 07-16-2017, 08:41 AM

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

I switched from WeatherTech to Husky and love the Husky floor mats.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the WeatherTech floor liners front (one-piece for hump) and back for my SuperCab. I really like them, but they often get caught on the door and then fold up. I often find myself holding the mats down before I close the door. Usually happens to the rear mat, but sometimes with the front passenger mat too.

Does this happen with the Husky Liner X-act?
Old 07-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Platinum Vendor

Originally Posted by Wes_E
I have the WeatherTech floor liners front (one-piece for hump) and back for my SuperCab. I really like them, but they often get caught on the door and then fold up. I often find myself holding the mats down before I close the door. Usually happens to the rear mat, but sometimes with the front passenger mat too.

Does this happen with the Husky Liner X-act?
I haven't had any problems with my X-act contour mats. The only thing I have a problem with is on the passenger side mine did start to curl up but this is because my wife drags her feet into my lift truck. Other than that they lay perfectly flat and don't slide around.

You can contact us at 877-216-5446 or PM any of us.
Kyle@RealTruck – ext 1301 kyle.carson@realtruck.com
Zach@RealTruck – Ext 1289 or email zach.garafola@realtruck.com
https://www.realtruck.com/
The following users liked this post:
Wes_E (07-16-2017)
Old 07-20-2017, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

That happens to me all the time. It's from when the car wash guys just throw the matt back in and it ends up moving and getting caught in the door. Once this happens it puts a crease in the matt, and it always bends now, even now that the mat is secured again.

You have to make sure the matt stays clipped in or that happens .
Old 07-23-2017, 11:23 PM

Received 106 Likes on 43 Posts

Do any supporting vendors here sell the Husky front mats?
Old 07-24-2017, 01:54 AM
Ford lover

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyinTN
https://www.f150forum.com/f37/rdp-st...0/#post5401737
Old 07-24-2017, 07:19 AM
Platinum Vendor

We do sell the Husky Liners if you are interested. Send us a PM or give us a call and we can help you out with getting that set up.

You can contact us at 877-216-5446 or PM any of us.
Kyle@RealTruck – ext 1301 kyle.carson@realtruck.com
Zach@RealTruck – Ext 1289 or email zach.garafola@realtruck.com
https://www.realtruck.com/
Old 07-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

We sell them also but honestly RealTruck would be a better source since they are more geared towards "accessories" and we are lighting (we just have them on our site because a few folks asked at some point)
The following users liked this post:
Zach@RealTruck (07-24-2017)

Search this Thread