Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you get to Factory Amp 2011 F150?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question How do you get to Factory Amp 2011 F150?

Anyone know where the location for Stock Amp with sync/nav is located? I am hearing it is located under the Center Console....if so how do you get to it? Is there a step by step for this? Reason I am asking is I am trying to hook up my LC2i connector up...well splice into the rear speaker wires. I don't want to t tap from from the doors but rather from the amp location so I don't have to take the door panels out plus I would be saving a lot of wire and it would be a cleaner look. I found this forum where SkierMan actually did a lot of the guess work out....appreciate that but he also mentioned the amp was under the center console. I am not just waiting on my custom box to come it, will be running power, ground and LC2i this weekend. Should get the box Feb 13 on Monday. Already found this thread but not enough to let me know how to get to the factory amp...Thanks in advance. Here is the link to the closest thing I could find:

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2011-f...r-code-107284/
Old 02-09-2012, 10:36 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Pongdadong
Anyone know where the location for Stock Amp with sync/nav is located? I am hearing it is located under the Center Console....if so how do you get to it? Is there a step by step for this? Reason I am asking is I am trying to hook up my LC2i connector up...well splice into the rear speaker wires. I don't want to t tap from from the doors but rather from the amp location so I don't have to take the door panels out plus I would be saving a lot of wire and it would be a cleaner look. I found this forum where SkierMan actually did a lot of the guess work out....appreciate that but he also mentioned the amp was under the center console. I am not just waiting on my custom box to come it, will be running power, ground and LC2i this weekend. Should get the box Feb 13 on Monday. Already found this thread but not enough to let me know how to get to the factory amp...Thanks in advance. Here is the link to the closest thing I could find:

https://www.f150forum.com/f30/2011-f...r-code-107284/
Why not just wire the LCI2 to the factory sub wires?
Old 02-09-2012, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tanner2
Why not just wire the LCI2 to the factory sub wires?
Is that what you did Tanner? I talked to Rodney the guy you referred me to on eBay. He made me a custom box that will be here on Monday. This is what he wrote:

"Yes once you remove the factory 8" sub this box will fit. I don't recommend using the factory sub wires. The factory sub amp is eq alot to make the 8 sound better, but doesn't work as well for aftermarket system. Best to tap onto rear speaker wires.. Black carpet isn't a problem.. Rodney"

So I don't know hearing two different things....is that your setup bc that is what I was originally going to do but than when I look at the LC2i I see I need two input's and then the diagram that Skierman wrote up states there are two outputs that I could use for inputs. '

Also on the LC2i since mine didn't come with directions would I use the RCA that says Bass Output to go into the amp or Main Out?
Old 02-09-2012, 11:12 PM

So I guess I'm gonna try out the Factory sub wires to tap into...anyones welcome to chime in with other suggestions.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:48 PM

So I guess I'm gonna try out the Factory sub wires to tap into...anyones welcome to chime in with other suggestions.
I tapped from the factory sub wires. I dont think it is a problem?? It sounds good but maybe it would sound better if it were tapped off of the rear speakers. I dont know...
Old 02-11-2012, 09:43 PM

Yeah did testing today with sub wires sounds fantastic. Getting custom box on Monday so right now it looks like crap.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:30 PM

Yeah did testing today with sub wires sounds fantastic. Getting custom box on Monday so right now it looks like crap.
Good deal, I am glad you are getting it all put together!
Old 12-22-2012, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So all you did was buy another sub and box then tapped into factory sub wires and your system sounds great now using factory 700w amp?

Quick Reply: How do you get to Factory Amp 2011 F150?