Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holy Crap!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 06:28 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Holy Crap!!!

Well as the title says WOW WOW!!!! Ok 5 days ago I was bored so I was just looking around on Ebay to kill some time and I found an aftermarket hod that usually costs around $600 FOR CHEAP so I bid on it thinking that since it was sooo cheap and that the auction still had like 5 and a half days left and I won the auction. The current bid was at $280 so I bid on it and it ended today.

It's not a private seller but from a company called RKSport.com. So should I pay for it or kindly explain what happened. It's a sweet looking hood but I'd still have to pay several hundred bucks to get it painted so what should I do???

Here's the link to the ended auction and a pic of the hood.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting
Old 09-09-2007, 06:34 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

When you bid on something that is a legal contract. If ya can't pay for it shouldn't have bid on it. E-bay can kill your acct and technically the company can put a lien on you.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Ro™2k0F150

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd say take it.. it looks clean!!.. and its functional... as qouted

"The F-150 Hood is functional bringing fresh, cool air directly into the inlet for increased airflow and performance..."

If a hood for my truck would be that cheap... then i'll buy it.. the only thing its grey.. but a paint & body shop would take car of that..
Old 09-11-2007, 01:33 PM

So I got the price quote from Ebay saying that I owed the seller $650 for the hood. The hood ended up being $650 after shipping and the seller wanted to charge me full price for the hood. I sent an email to both the seller callin False advertisement so Ebay dismissed me of paying for the hood.

Last edited by Triton v8; 09-12-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Repoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got lucky. But the hood does look good. If it is functional thats even better. If not then I would have cut the lovers out and allowed it to at least bring fresh cool air in to the engine compartment.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Triton v8
So I got the price quote from Ebay saying that I owed the seller $650 for the hood. The hood ended up being $50 after shipping and the seller wanted to charge me full price for the hood. I sent an email to both the seller callin False advertisement so Ebay dismissed me of paying for the hood.
Well that's a bunch of crap! You won the auction for $280 so they shouldn't be able to get away with trying to charge you full price. The one thing I would have looked into prior to bidding though was the actual frieght charges because it does say you have to send your zip code in for a frieght quote.

As REPOMAN said, you got lucky.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:06 PM

True. It is a relief though cause I don't have to spend the money for the hood plus paint. It is a nice lookin' hood but it's in my od plans right now nor in the near future.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:56 PM

You really do need to be careful when bidding on eBay. I’ve had only a few bad experiences, but I’ve learned to be careful when bidding. I especially look out for the sellers’ ratings. I must say, however, that I would’ve trusted doing business w/that company. Out of 1281 transactions since October 2003, they’ve only had 11 negative ratings. As everyone here has said, that was a very nice hood…and you were real lucky being able to get out of that transaction.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:06 AM
TOGA TOGA TOGA

badass hood
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 AM

Thanks Devil and Cody.

RKSport is a very good company. My friend used to order a bunch of crap for his SS a few years back. They usually don't sell stuff on Ebay because they can usually sell it on their own. I have heard however that they're trying to get away from selling truck stuff and concentrate on muscle car parts.

Quick Reply: Holy Crap!!!