Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP with rancho leveling kit noise

Old 02-13-2015, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP with rancho leveling kit noise

I just had the rancho quicklift installed on my 2010 F150 and there is a horrible knocking noise in the new strut assembly. When I bounce the truck up and down I can see the top strut bolt moving up and down in the housing and there is metal to metal contact causing a bad knocking noise. I was hoping somebody else with this kit could see if they notice the same thing when you bounce the truck by hand. Is there a rubber bushing at the top that I am missing? The box only came with the assembly and three nuts. I have contacted rancho to see if they can help but they just closed for the weekend. I will upload a video when I get a chance.

Update:
Video link

I believe there is some sort of bushing missing if anyone has this kit and can go check theirs real quick. Either way I think I am ditching these and going with the 2.5" autospring spacers I have already ordered.

Last edited by LazyDrifter; 02-14-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:42 PM
2014 Lariat

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Bring it back to who installed it!!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 12:40 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey man I just put rancho's on my truck and lots of other guys have too, so I wouldn't give up on them quite yet. However that video is definitely concerning. I'm not sure if you're missing a bushing or what, but the nut on the center bolt of the top of your strut assembly should be screwed down further. On mine you can't even see it from the side. I'm thinking yours is too loose which is causing the whole thing to move up and down. Then again I have an 04' and yours is a 2010..........maybe they are made different idk.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:59 PM

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by LazyDrifter
I just had the rancho quicklift installed on my 2010 F150 and there is a horrible knocking noise in the new strut assembly. When I bounce the truck up and down I can see the top strut bolt moving up and down in the housing and there is metal to metal contact causing a bad knocking noise. I was hoping somebody else with this kit could see if they notice the same thing when you bounce the truck by hand. Is there a rubber bushing at the top that I am missing? The box only came with the assembly and three nuts. I have contacted rancho to see if they can help but they just closed for the weekend. I will upload a video when I get a chance.

Update:
Video link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkBSEGfyb8Y

I believe there is some sort of bushing missing if anyone has this kit and can go check theirs real quick. Either way I think I am ditching these and going with the 2.5" autospring spacers I have already ordered.

I would say take it back to whoever installed it. I have the same lift on my 2013 F150 and have never had a problem with it. I would say that if the installer can say that there's a problem with the shock then Rancho would make it right.
Old 02-25-2015, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah...that isn't right. I have a set on mine and have had no problems. My set came with the strut assembly and three new nuts....no bushings. Everything should be complete in the strut assembly. I installed myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP with rancho leveling kit noise