Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headlight/Taillight tint film

Old 03-28-2011, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight/Taillight tint film

Has any one used or has had experience with the tint that is for headlight/taillights in reference to quality and so forth. I was thinking about going with www.rvinyl.com
Old 03-28-2011, 10:00 AM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

looks pretty legit, i have been looking for something like this but was going to go with a brand called Lamin-X. I previously bought a set of headlight tint off of ebay, but it peeled off and turned blue within a few weeks. I'll give this site a try that you posted because its half the price of lamin-x.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:04 PM

I just order the taillight tint from them ill post my results soon as it comes in and I put it on the truck
Old 03-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Curious if the tint fades where the light hits the housing? Would be cool to read feed back from someone that has done months ago. I heard of this from my local tint place but was skeptical.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might lookin to NightShade spray tint as well. There's a good thread on here talking about it and I have friends who have personal good experience with it. Plus you can control the darkness with how many coats you apply.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought some headlight tint off ebay and thought it looked pretty sharp. Biggest problem was my first time driving in on back roads at night time. The tint significantly reduced the effect of the head lights. I pulled over and took them off just because i could hardly see!
Old 04-04-2011, 06:58 AM

Lamin-x is good quality. Nightshades is great, too, but treat it like paint ( you wouldn't paint outside and expect no dirt? )
personally i dont know why youd tint your headlights.
precut films are hard because they are what they are, precut, you have to line them exactly or your are srcewed, at my shop we use film by the roll and cut it as neccesary

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight/Taillight tint film