Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going 35" to 37" fiberglass or oe raptor front fenders?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Going 35" to 37" fiberglass or oe raptor front fenders?

Been looking around regarding possible / ideal / inexpensive way to mod my bod on my 04 4x lariat:
Currently running 4" drop bracket lift and icon ucas, billstein 5100, and 35" M/t's. Planning a regear, debating 4.56 vs 4.88. Do a lot of Mtn hwy, 500 mile work commuted pulling a 16' utility trailer. Live off the grid part time 8 miles down a gnarly desert dirt road.
Seeking more clearence under the axle, and of course the sex appeal of 37's . I would love to work in a raptor body conversion. Heard some horror story's regarding glass from fiberworx ect. Plus , not to sure about quality and style. Also the width is a bit of a concern, as my wheel track width is only an additional 1.5" due to a hub centric spacer. (For clearence) running oe raptor wheels. Which didn't have quite enough clearence with the zone 4" knuckle I'm running.
Any advice on a good approach?
Thought about the one piece clip from mcniel fiber, glassworx, and boatech. Then I 'heard oem raptor fenders were the way to roll. But considering I don't know much about all this and thinking may be over my head trying to get the oe rapt fenders rigged in somehow , and the 7" width add seems too much for my setup . I dream of long travel: but for now, it's beyond my budget . Really like to get some kings in front to start and lose the 4" shock spacer in the process.
But considering I'm a young'ish self employed contractor with not a lot of money I seek to do my homework, aquire opinions and advice from yee experienced modsters, in hopes of attaining a on the right path towards a solid medium balanced with my not so experienced , or financially ballin .
Not the type and couldn't afford anyway to drop it at some shop and say do it up . I'll be pulling resources friend favors , backyard offroad guys etc to try and get this going mostly solo . So to end my ramble . Can anyone offer done help, opinion guidance etc?
Really appreciate any and all willing to help. As auto mod is my newest undertaking and I can use all the help I can get , in hopes of not fahk ing things up and wasting time and money due to improper research planning etc etc .
So please . Speak to me.
Any thought/ ideas ??
With gratitude and respect to any and all willing to help a brotha out, and get ma truck on the righteous path of performance and excellent style ~

Quick Reply: Going 35" to 37" fiberglass or oe raptor front fenders?