Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fx4 shocks and helper springs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fx4 shocks and helper springs?

Hi everyone, new to the forum thanks in advance for any advise. Please let me know if this is the wrong place.

I have a 2002 f150 fx4 single cab shorty. It’s in decent shape it’s my daily driver and has about 165000miles on it. I generally go for decent quality parts but I’m at the point now where I just want to keep it on the road for another year or two.

I know it needs rear shocks as they are leaking badly and it rides pretty rough. Another problem is I run around with about 400lbs of tools (box/tools included). Rides and sits fine for the most part but if I add any weight to it like extra tools or materials it rides really back heavy. And when I pull my boat a couple times a year.

So so what do I do? Put the cheapest shocks from rock auto in and go with it? And do I add a husky helper spring kit? Do I replace the oem ranchonshocks with new rancho shocks? I don’t off-road and like I said it’s just a daily driver with only a cpie
of years left on it.

edit
re posted in the 97-03 forum

Quick Reply: Fx4 shocks and helper springs?