Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

full coverage flares?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 11:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default full coverage flares?

I recently bought a 2016 F150 and someone had put some cheap giant pocket style eBay flares on it. It has stock wheels so this looked bad. It has scratched up the fender edges where it has been rubbing. I took them off and am looking from something that goes up a little further closer to the indention to hide the scratches. The raptor flares go all the way up right into that crease but all the raptor conversion flares I have seen are still at least 1" or more away from the crease. I found this kit specifically on eBay ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-Ford-...-/122280088819 ) that shows the flares almost all the way to the crease, but I cant find them by themselves, only in this kit. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a 2wd 5.0l and don't want the rivet style flares. Im looking for something with minimal extension but comes up as close to that fender crease as possible.

Thanks in advance

See how they come all the way to the crease.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:54 AM

I've been searching for something similar but amazon and ebay have turned up little. Only aftermarket flares I have seen that cover the crease and aren't rivet style are from Roush here:

https://www.roushperformance.com/par...er-flares.html

They come with LED sidelight markers but at that price I am looking for an alternative myself.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:02 AM

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshophett
I recently bought a 2016 F150 and someone had put some cheap giant pocket style eBay flares on it. It has stock wheels so this looked bad. It has scratched up the fender edges where it has been rubbing. I took them off and am looking from something that goes up a little further closer to the indention to hide the scratches. The raptor flares go all the way up right into that crease but all the raptor conversion flares I have seen are still at least 1" or more away from the crease. I found this kit specifically on eBay ( https://www.ebay.com/itm/15-16-Ford-...-/122280088819 ) that shows the flares almost all the way to the crease, but I cant find them by themselves, only in this kit. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have a 2wd 5.0l and don't want the rivet style flares. Im looking for something with minimal extension but comes up as close to that fender crease as possible.

Thanks in advance

See how they come all the way to the crease.
I'm OCDing over the crooked light
Old 01-30-2019, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by denimtouch
I'm OCDing over the crooked light
me too I just think it’s poor photoshop. That being said that is why I’m worried about the coverage that it’s just poor photoshop and it doesn’t really come up that high. Any rich people want to test these out for the sake of the greater good. lol
Old 01-30-2019, 12:39 PM

Received 143 Likes on 100 Posts

Do you have to have flares? If not, you can always have the rockers and arches repainted or sprayed with Line-X.

AK4wheeler
Old 01-30-2019, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by AK4wheeler
Do you have to have flares? If not, you can always have the rockers and arches repainted or sprayed with Line-X.

AK4wheeler
not crazy about the look on a 2 wheel drive truck. Trying to find some sport style flares I can paint. Repainted sections on the truck are never as good as factory.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:33 PM

Received 143 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Joshophett

not crazy about the look on a 2 wheel drive truck. Trying to find some sport style flares I can paint. Repainted sections on the truck are never as good as factory.
OK....on a 2wd, you can always two-tone the rockers like a King Ranch...but please...not the FUGLY gold color. Just ideas.

AK4wheeler

Quick Reply: full coverage flares?