Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel rim breaks in half, tire okay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel rim breaks in half, tire okay?

Hey guys long story short my fuel rim which is a fuel nutz 2 piece wheel broke in half on me the other day. I have these rims on a pavement princess 2011 ecoboost with 4" rancho lift on it the rims are 20x9 and have 35" nitto trail grapplers. I was driving on a snow covered road and I hit a divit in the road wasn't anything to terrible but I hear this loud clunking noise I thought something on my lift broke or something and I get out to my rim in half one chunk cutting Into brake lines and cutting up my fender. I contacted mr.wheel deal who I bought it from which has been less then a year ago they had me send pictures and they sent in to fuel. No warranty. Which sucks for an 19 year old broke college student. But they were nice enough to sell me a new rim at cost ($330) which is really nice of them. I thought it would be warrantied for sure as I did nothing wrong but I can tell you now I'm not gonna buy a two piece wheel again. But now I am worried if my tire is wrecked or not? I definitely can't afford new tire. Sucks I spent all this money on rims just to have them break on me on a modest bump. Not trying to make fuel look bad as they have proven themselves to be good just wish they had better warranty.

Last edited by F150_Nutz; 02-19-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 09:46 PM

Received 136 Likes on 105 Posts

The bead is pretty tore up.. You may. never get it to seal correctly. Tire shop probably wouldn't even mount it for you. I will say this though, I have torn a few beads on tires (some pretty bad) with a sketchy tire changer and a lack of lube and have been able to get them to work with only a very slight leak so you could get lucky, but I still think having a shop mount it will be pretty tough.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 56 Likes on 48 Posts

That tire is not okay. There's no proper way to fix that bead. I wouldn't mount that even to drive to a tire shop right next door. Liability is too great there.

Quick Reply: Fuel rim breaks in half, tire okay?