Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Window tints to match the back?

Old 10-29-2009, 11:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Window tints to match the back?

I am looking to tint my front windows with the same style tint as the back ones. I am not looking for the common "black out" look, but if thats all that is available I guess I will go with that.

What I am really looking for is the mirrored finish of the back two. If this is possible I am all ears. How much would it cost to get it professionally done? Because I am pretty sure they can do a much better job than me. If any of you have tinted your windows and have some insight feel free to post some pics!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well the back two windows from the factory are tinted about 18%, so if you get 15% on the front windows then it will match really well since more light is let in in the front of the cab. tinting your windows that dark is also illegal so you might get a ticket for it.
factory tint isn't mirror tint so im not sure what you meant by that. any normal tint should look like the rear windows. you should be able to get it professionally done for 70 bucks or less.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:55 AM

Really? I dont know if it is just the 97s but the back two windows of my extended cab are not tinted black they have more of a lighter or silver mirror like finish. I only ask this because I have seen tints that are straight black and I am looking for something different.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BigRedXlt
Really? I dont know if it is just the 97s but the back two windows of my extended cab are not tinted black they have more of a lighter or silver mirror like finish. I only ask this because I have seen tints that are straight black and I am looking for something different.
actually after doing a bit of research yes in just 97 ford put what they called privacy glass in the rear windows of the ext. cab. it appears to be a mirror like tint. if you want the fronts to match it you could try a light mirror tint. the car in the pic below has mirror tint, but be careful because i think mirror tint is illegal no matter how dark.

Last edited by dilloncawthon; 10-30-2009 at 02:19 AM.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its very difficult to match but if you want to change then change both the glass.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:29 AM

That would look really good too bad it is illegal. Carson are you saying that I would need to replace the front window glass to get this look?
Old 10-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 94 Likes on 35 Posts

Just a word of caution; I tinted the front windows of my 02 Scab to match the rears (it was just regular black tint). It gave the truck a nice, uniform look, and I really liked it...until I drove it at night. I had a hard time seeing out the side windows, and actually had to roll down the driver's side to see while I was backing into my driveway~a real PITA during winter and rainstorms.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:34 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Having to dark of tint is a PITA at night, can't see anything..
Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just had mine done cost me $90 for the pro's to do it. matches perfect
Old 11-01-2009, 05:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

The percentage legal or illegal tint is state dependent. But i dont think mirrored tint is illegal, most legitimate shops wouldnt do it if it were illegal.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Front Window tints to match the back?