Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front reciever hitch late model F150

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Front reciever hitch late model F150

I have had a couple people ask about front reciever hitches. They see mine on my truck so here is the low down. I bought a Curt MFG reciver hitch. It installs in about an hour average hand tools and torque wrench. It removes the lower rear valance so it warns this may effect fuel mileage. I have not really seen any difference but its an opinion. You have to remove the tow hooks and they send new grade 8 bolts to replace them with. It slid in to the gap above the lower valance and under the tow hooks. It however sits very far back and is really unusable the way it mounts. I ordered a 8 inch extension from Uhaul shipped to me they were the cheapest. I think about 20.00... What do I use it for a front mounted 9k pound winch. Does not have to sit in the rain all the time and I think if it were mounted permanently it would really effect fuel mileage so this seemed to be the way to go. It also works out that it is the third truck it mounts to so cheaper than buying new everytime I trade or sell my truck. I also use it for moving trailers in to really tight spots I can see much easier with the trailer in front...
Product # 31368
MSRP: $271.06
Install says about 30 minutes .. Took two of us about an hour not really hard to do.. could cut the time if you have air tools...

Last edited by 2010FX4F150GILROY; 08-11-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK-This is good to know, and I've had curt front hitches on my last 3 f150's. Here's the deal. I just got a 2010 two wheel drive, and all my previous trucks dragged the hitch on moderate height curbs etc.

Tired of ramming dirt in the front receiver too when I drive back to some remote fishing lakes etc.

Tired of explaining why I have a hitch on the front of my truck too (use it for bike rack when hauling both bikes and motorcycles)-so the fact that the hitch is back and out of sight might not be a bad thing from my perspective...

In my ideal world-the hitch would bolt up as the Curt does, and the receiver-only comes out directly where the license plate is today. Anybody know whether such a thing exists?
Old 06-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What you see is what I found, have not even seen anyone else make one yet....
Old 04-16-2012, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ktolly
OK-This is good to know, and I've had curt front hitches on my last 3 f150's. Here's the deal. I just got a 2010 two wheel drive, and all my previous trucks dragged the hitch on moderate height curbs etc.

Tired of ramming dirt in the front receiver too when I drive back to some remote fishing lakes etc.

Tired of explaining why I have a hitch on the front of my truck too (use it for bike rack when hauling both bikes and motorcycles)-so the fact that the hitch is back and out of sight might not be a bad thing from my perspective...

In my ideal world-the hitch would bolt up as the Curt does, and the receiver-only comes out directly where the license plate is today. Anybody know whether such a thing exists?
wicked performance shop has what you are looking for. http://wickedperformanceshop.com/?pa...&product_id=35

Quick Reply: Front reciever hitch late model F150