Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FOX Stage 1 suspension leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOX Stage 1 suspension leveling kit

i just purchased a supercrew 4x4 XLT. I am considering installing the fox Stage 1 suspension kit. 2" coilovers and 2" shocks. 95% street and highway driving. I dont want a rough ride. Anyone have these installed on their truck? Review?
Old 11-24-2017, 07:36 AM

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

I have these, these are a pain in the ***** to adjust the ride height. If i knew that before buying i would have went with Bilsteins. The FOX require you compress the spring in order to change the ride height. or else you may strip the aluminum threads off the shock body. when i wear them out i'm going to get them rebuilt then sell and install the Bilsteins.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:38 PM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

The Foxes or Bosses would be a great choice. I have the Bosses and do most of my driving on the road. They ride great!

As for the issue adjusting the Foxes, have you tried adjusting them with the suspension at full droop? Either way once there set what’s the bag deal? Going from Foxes to Bilsteins will be a downgrade in ride quality for sure!

Wayne
Old 12-06-2017, 02:06 PM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Amet, thanks for the heads-up. You are correct!!!
And you just cost me a substantial increase in $cost. Lol

I decided to move up to the Fox 2.5 with the compression adjustment feature. Probably more than I need, but it'll be nice to be able to tune the ride as circumstances dictate.
I run empty, or tow a small Toy Hauler, and sometimes throw a couple of bikes in the bed.

Not really needing off-road prowess near as much as flexibility in mission, if you know what I mean.