Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fluid Film, Under Body Rust Protection!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Carpenter's Local 279

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Thumbs up Fluid Film, Under Body Rust Protection!

Hey guys, I just wanted to post up an idea i had done to lubricate and protect my under body from rust and corrosion.Sure you could pay a couple hundred to have your under body coated once a year with lubricant undercoating but i did it for around 50 bucks with shipping for 4 cans of Fluid Film. this stuff in my opinion and experience has been great so far. when applied to a raw metal surface this stuff bubbles and you know its fighting existent rust and protecting against future rust. after its done bubbling it turns into a some what jelly like stage which sticks and stays also made the truck's rusty area surfaces look brand new. my main reason for doing this was because i was starting to get some not serious but ugly looking surface rust on my A arms and my rear diff and i hated the way it looked on my early made 2009. so i decided to do this myself so i could save a little in my pocket and know it was done to my liking. i plan on doing this before the winter months every year to protect against the harsh salt of "upstate NY". im all about over protection. il try to post up some pics soon. o and if you'd like to try this stuff out, hit up Dano50 on this link and he'll give you a free sample and im sure he would answer any questions you might have. https://www.f150forum.com/f37/try-sample-us-61343/

Last edited by foxracer2759; 08-15-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been thinking of different rust treatments. I'm just not sure what I should do.

I'm half ready to just spray the thing with oil every year like my dad used to do.

Quick Reply: Fluid Film, Under Body Rust Protection!