Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow

I am wanting to get an exhaust (SI/DO) installed today. The muffler shop is pushing Flowmaster 50 Series Delta Flow. Some of the forums that I have read suggest Magnaflow.

If these were the only two to choose from, which should I go with?
Old 04-23-2008, 11:06 AM

Anybody have an opinion? Anyone? Anyone? (best Ben Stein voice - Ferris Buellers Day off)
Old 04-23-2008, 11:14 AM

I have the magnaflow SI/DO and love it. From what I read when I got mine, if you want loud over performance, go with flowmaster, if you want a better flowing exhaust that performs better, go with Magnaflow
Old 04-23-2008, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson
I have the magnaflow SI/DO and love it. From what I read when I got mine, if you want loud over performance, go with flowmaster, if you want a better flowing exhaust that performs better, go with Magnaflow
Thanks for your input. Can you give me details on what you got...that way I can get the same. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:27 PM

I got the Magnaflow 16614 system, its a SI/DO rear exit cat-back system. They also have systems that exit in front of the wheel, and also in the stock location. Some sites may say that if you have the stock hitch the rear exit wont work, but it does.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:01 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Flowmaster 40 series mufflers and I LOVE THEM!!! I have dual mufflers with the angled exits. Everyone says that Flowmaster sucks for performance but I've felt a gain compare to the stock exhaust system I call bs on that but I love the sound and performance of my Flowmasters.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Triton v8
I have the Flowmaster 40 series mufflers and I LOVE THEM!!! I have dual mufflers with the angled exits. Everyone says that Flowmaster sucks for performance but I've felt a gain compare to the stock exhaust system I call bs on that but I love the sound and performance of my Flowmasters.
Thanks. The owner of the shop kept pushing the Flowmaster so I went with the SI/DO Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 series. I like the sound at idle but it is a little lacking at WOT. I wonder if it will get a little louder as I put miles on it?
Old 04-23-2008, 04:44 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure about it getting louder as you put more miles on it. When I was looking to get my exhaust done I called my local exhaust shop and told him what truck I had and what engine it had and he automatically said Flowmaster without any hesitation. If I wanted to gain 20+ hp and go faster I would have bought a sportscar.

I didn't buy an F150 to outrun Mustangs and GTOs.....I bought an F150 for comfort and to have a nice sounding exhaust.......and many other reasons but I'll keep that short.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:50 PM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Triton v8
I'm not sure about it getting louder as you put more miles on it. When I was looking to get my exhaust done I called my local exhaust shop and told him what truck I had and what engine it had and he automatically said Flowmaster without any hesitation. If I wanted to gain 20+ hp and go faster I would have bought a sportscar.

I didn't buy an F150 to outrun Mustangs and GTOs.....I bought an F150 for comfort and to have a nice sounding exhaust.......and many other reasons but I'll keep that short.
I think that alot of people still swear by the flowmaster based on the olden days....There have been dyno tests proving that Magnaflow is in fact better (power wise) than the flowmasters. Not saying the flomasters wont give u a gain, just saying they wont give as much of a gain as the flow throughs... Its all preference, IMo if Im going to buy one of 2 mufflers that are similarly priced Im going to get the one that gives me the better results...
Old 04-23-2008, 10:12 PM

flowmaster

Quick Reply: Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow