Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLOWMASTER super 10's dumped LOUD

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FLOWMASTER super 10's dumped LOUD

Hello I want something that is loud and can hear in the cab... I think I want the flowmaster super 10's and dump them after the muffler and weld a turn down on their. Would this be TO loud or loud enough to get me pulled over... I live in illinois but most my driving is in the contry (ILLINOIS COPS ARE A LITTLE STRICT).... But would this get me pulled over? BY THE WAY I have a 2000 5.4 XLT I don't have window tints or blacked out lights so my truck don't look shady...

I forgot to mention what would this do to my mpg.... Also would I gain hp if so how much?

But if you guys could comment on what u think!

THANKYOU! All comments/opinions appreciated !
Old 09-28-2013, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down should I not get flowmaster? (Dronemasters)

I have been reading alot of flowmaster dumped regimes and they say the drone is to annoying at highway speeds and idle... I would like to have little drone and if possible none at all... But I do want to dump my exhaust and still want it loud! Could I achieve the loud deep noise I want without having drone? If so how!?

Also would this be a problem with illinois cops

Once again thank you please comment!!

(2000 5.4 XLT)
Old 09-28-2013, 12:01 PM

Received 151 Likes on 108 Posts

If you go with Flowmaster, you're very likely to have drone regardless of how the exhaust is set up. I have the Super 40 on my 4.6L with an exit behind each tire. It drones starting at 60 mph and up. But my music drones out the drone, haha.

I personally don't mind how loud it is and how much drone I get, but don't get Flowmaster mufflers and expect no drone. Some have said Magnaflow gives a nice sound with no highway drone, but I doubt it'd be as loud at lower speeds.

It's all personal opinion. I don't know what the police around you are strict about. They might not care whatsoever about how loud a vehicle is but then pull over someone because the tint looks too dark. Just my .02 cents.

Quick Reply: FLOWMASTER super 10's dumped LOUD