Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory camera wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 09:14 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Factory camera wiring

I have a 2011 Lariat with the backup camera and display in the mirror. I recently had a Tommy lift gate installed and I lost my emblem camera. I now want to use an aftermarket camera and wire it the factory harness at the rear of my truck. I can buy a harness to have the right plug and cut off the end that goes to the camera, but then I am lost as to how to splice in a new camera. The factory plug has 6 pins and most aftermarket cameras seem to have an RCA cable and a power cable.
Can anyone help? Thanks
Old 05-10-2014, 09:33 AM

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

The after market cameras have the video cable, which is usually the outer shield (ground) and the inner wire (video), plus the power and ground. The factory 6 pin should contain these wires. You would have to identify the correct ones in the factory plug. Don't know what the other two connections are for. .. I believe, some camera systems require a trigger wire. You'd probably have to remove the RCA plug, separate the wires (video and shield) and splice them into the new harness/connector.

You have to figure out where you are putting the new camera.

I have an extra "angled" camera, which mounts under a horizontal surface (to get the image correct), along with the cable, which has a trigger wire. ??
Old 03-06-2018, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update?

Did you figure this out?

Quick Reply: Factory camera wiring