Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150Lifts.com's Coilovers Install/Review!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 09:06 PM

Received 122 Likes on 100 Posts

Default F150Lifts.com's Coilovers Install/Review!

Well there has been quite a bit of chatter on here about the new vendor F150lifts and their new custom built adjustable height coilovers. After looking into buying aftermarket coilovers for a while I stumbled across the thread where these were first mentioned. After reading about them and talking to Alex, the guy in charge, I was convinced these were the right choice and I went ahead and ordered the first pair online, even before their website launched.

So here is my honest review of these coilovers and F150lifts. Right off the bat after placing my order Alex thanked me personally over the phone and told me he would get them shipped to me ASAP. They were at my door in two days and I was like a giddy little kid waiting to install them. Quality wise you can tell these are very well built and they look great too with a silver powder coating.

The install was failry easy and didn't really have any hiccups except the height setting on the coilovers was a bit too high. I spoke with Alex right after everything was all buttoned up and we realized the difference was mine was 2wd and his(the test truck) was a 4wd, so something, possibly the weight, requires the trucks to be at different settings. After cranking down the preload I ended up with just over 2.5" of lift, call it 2.75", after it settled for a few days and I still have room to go up to 3" with the stock upper control arm and still have clearance. The angles of the CV are fine and the end links bolted right back up. In the end I gave Alex all my measurements and he will be setting the preload on the coilovers differently for 2wd and 4wd customers from now on so they don't have to worry about adjusting the height too much.

After driving for a few days I couldn't be happier. The ride is great and it eats up bumps and holes both on and offroad. The truck rides more like a truck should. The ride is stiffer but not in a bad way. I guess sturdy might be a better word. I am now able to clear 295/70/17 tires on 17"x8.5" rims with a +12 offset and have a ton of room with no rubbing issues.

All in all if you are not sure or are questioning this company and their product I assure you, they are for real and their product quality and customer service show that. I am definitely happy I went with them and have no problem recommending them. And I almost forgot, these are at a great price point and are under, $1,000.00!!

Here are some photos of the install and the before and after of my truck:

Before:

Before Front Fender Measurement:
I called it about 35.75"

Old Factory Coilover:

Old vs. New:
(Before adjusting coilovers height)

In with the new:

After install/clearance views:

Final fender measurement:

And the final product:
(after new wheels and tires my front fenders are just below 40")

Last edited by XLTinSD; 11-25-2013 at 09:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HaloLifts (12-06-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Looks good!
Old 11-26-2013, 08:39 AM

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

These appear to be a great setup for the money. I have been reading up on these for a while. Glad to see that you got a set and did a small review.

One thing I have not read yet is the coil spring rate. I see that they are Eibach, which are good, but what are the compression rates?

I am sure Alex will chime in.
Old 11-26-2013, 11:07 AM
<b>F150 Forum</b>

Received 644 Likes on 465 Posts

Well you are so right!!! The spring is an Eiback 16" length 3" diameter, and 700 lbs/in It was the right spring that gave us the lift we were looking for and still maintained a very nice ride. Thanks again for the great review XLTinSD and to anyone interested in our products.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the review, I think after seeing these I am going to order a set for my new 2013 FX4. I sent a PM asking if I can pick up a set Friday or Saturday, I'm only about 15 miles from their warehouse!
Old 11-27-2013, 09:52 PM
BeNsOn!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just decided to put on some bigger wheels. I did a 2" Rancho quick lift to level the front to fit my new tires... I don't know why but I don't really like the truck sitting level I miss the rake. I think I might do some blocks in the back but notice not many people do that. Is there a reason people aren't lifting the backs when they lift the front?
Attached Thumbnails F150Lifts.com's Coilovers Install/Review!-raised-truck.jpg  
Old 11-27-2013, 11:12 PM
<b>F150 Forum</b>

With our 3" Adjustable Coilovers to keep it level as most like we sell a 2" rear block. So if you wanted rake for your 2" front lift you could add our 2" rear block and achieve that. It would replace the factory block. They are on our website, go give it a look.

Last edited by HaloLifts; 11-28-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So this F150lifts.com guy answered my email on Thanksgiving and told me I can pick up a set at their warehouse tomorrow!
Hope they don't sell out!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:23 PM
<b>F150 Forum</b>

Yup and I'm still working LOL! I put your Coilovers aside, they've got your name on em', so you don't have to worry they will be there for you tomorrow. We are selling a lot of our Coilovers and Ultimate Kits. Special Thanks to all of you, hope you had a great Turkey Day! See you tomorrow F150tech!

Last edited by HaloLifts; 11-28-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:48 PM

Received 200 Likes on 104 Posts

Ok I have 2013 PlatinumEB 4x4 with 2" leveling block on top of stock springs and shocks and replaced the stock rear 1-3/4 block with a 3" block
Will the new coil overs give me a better ride than my current set up ?

Quick Reply: F150Lifts.com's Coilovers Install/Review!