Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust- Black Widow Race Venom

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 02:29 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Exhaust- Black Widow Race Venom

I've had Black Widow's Race Venom muffler on my truck for a few months now, and I figured I'd share my experience with the community.

I chose to go with Black Widow because I didn't want to to have another F150 with Flowmaster or Magnaflow exhaust. Roush sounded good, but many people talked of excessive drone. Borla ATAK sounded great, but $1000+ for an exhaust is a little much to me.

The muffler is a Black Widow Race Venom, which is their 2nd loudest muffler. I didn't want to go too awfully loud as I do leave my house early in the morning and don't want to be an annoyance to the neighbors.

I chose the muffler with a 3" inlet and 3" outlet both in the center as this would give me a few options of placement and exit location. I got the muffler put in a had the shop use a y-pipe to split it into dual 2.25" pipes into 3.5" tips. I had them leave the factory resonator in, but later decided to have it removed as it was too quiet for my taste.

With just the muffler, the truck is relatively loud, and sounds amazing. Cold starts are relatively loud, but i haven't had anyone complain yet. Once warmed up at idle, you barely hear the exhaust, and can only faintly hear a rumbling. However, moderate acceleration gives a great tone, with WOT making the truck scream loudly.

Overall, I love the exhaust so far, and the fact that the muffler is 100% stainless steel and very well constructed. I would definitely recommend this muffler to anyone looking for something loud, without getting a common brand, and that creates very little drone.

​​​​​​Linking my video of a warm start and a few revs. Will link a cold start when I get the chance.

https://youtu.be/1kNeJXyQrbU
​​​​​

Cold Start Video:

Last edited by cportlock6; 03-06-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-03-2018, 03:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man that sounds nice.

Quick Reply: Exhaust- Black Widow Race Venom