Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust

Old 02-08-2007, 04:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default exhaust

I recently installed a Flowmaster force 2 exhaust system. Installation was not real hard but it wasn't real easy either. I did this by myself with only hand tools. The hardest part was getting the old system off. I am a fairly large guy and it took me over an hour of pulling and tugging to get the old system to let go. This was after everything was undone. I understand that if you have some heat to put on the connection that this would not be so hard. Also, the hangers that were on the truck were a lot harder to get off than I thought they would be. I recommend a good thick screwdriver for those. I bent mine.
The system looks real good on my truck. I was a little dissapointed with the sound on them. I didn't think I wanted the loudest Flowmasters, but now I know better. These are just not as loud as I thought they would be. They have a good rumble to them, but they are not loud at all. They do open up some when you get on it, but you have to get on it pretty hard to hear them good. I have heard that they get louder after a few months. I would recommend the American Thunders for anyone getting Flowmasters.
Does putting bigger tips on make the system any louder?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
08 February TOTM

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by W1Gsplita
I recently installed a Flowmaster force 2 exhaust system. Installation was not real hard but it wasn't real easy either. I did this by myself with only hand tools. The hardest part was getting the old system off. I am a fairly large guy and it took me over an hour of pulling and tugging to get the old system to let go. This was after everything was undone. I understand that if you have some heat to put on the connection that this would not be so hard. Also, the hangers that were on the truck were a lot harder to get off than I thought they would be. I recommend a good thick screwdriver for those. I bent mine.
The system looks real good on my truck. I was a little disappointed with the sound on them. I didn't think I wanted the loudest Flowmasters, but now I know better. These are just not as loud as I thought they would be. They have a good rumble to them, but they are not loud at all. They do open up some when you get on it, but you have to get on it pretty hard to hear them good. I have heard that they get louder after a few months. I would recommend the American Thunders for anyone getting Flowmasters.
Does putting bigger tips on make the system any louder?

You sound like how I felt after I did mine back in 2003 on my 02 F150. It also had the 4.6 liter. Yes, I also had to fight mine off because of not having the right tools After fighting with it I gave up and cut it off. I did the dual side outlets and it wasn't loud enough for me either. But it did get a little louder after a few months. I don't know but I think bigger tips may help.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:36 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

The muffler on the force II is as 50 series suv, off the top of my head might be wrong, but those mufflers arent supposed to be loud. Don't get me wrong they should have some nice rumble to them but that arent like the 40 series Flows. As far as the tips go, the bigger the deeper the tone. I've seen a truck on another forum with dual 6" tips, it is gas not diesel, they look really sweet and have to be real loud.
If you want louder i would get bigger tips but if that wasnt enough gut the cats or put another kind of muffler on it.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cut out the muffler, and weld in a straight pipe.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:41 PM

I know that they were going to be more quiet than the normal flowmasters, I just didn't know they were going to be that quiet. I think that my idea of how loud flowmasters are was a little off. I may try cutting the muffler off and doing the straight pipe. I don't want people to hear me coming from a block away. Is this going to be extremely loud? I have dual rear exit.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:37 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

A friend of mine has straight pipes and they really arent that loud until you mash it.... just cut the muffler and run straights.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:06 PM
Ty

with stock cats, and full pipes out the back, it will sound nice

Straight pipes are your best bet.
Old 02-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Ty

and with the hangers, some wd40 makes them slide right out. just spray it on, and grab the hanger with a pair of chanel-locks, and it comes right off.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:04 AM

I'll definintely try that next time. I think I am going to try the straight pipes. If I don't like it, I can always have the muffler welded back on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: exhaust