Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evolution programmer

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evolution programmer

I have a 2005 F150 5.4 triton V8 and I have been looking into the evolution programmers. I emailed them and asked questions and they said that they are safe to use and they won't mess up your engine/transmission. On the other hand though I heard they only last about 55,000 miles then break some thing. Should I get one or is it a waste of money?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had mine for about 10K miles now and haven't had any problems. I really like the tune of it versus my stock program, its a lot smoother and a lot more logical shifting it feels like. I've tried both the "extreme" tune and the "transmission" tune and have had good luck with both. I've also noticed about 2mpg boost between the Evo and my FM exhaust. So overall, I recommend it. any more ?'s feel free to ask.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM

I guess only regret I would change is I would have gotten the higher end LCD versions just for the better looks for not much cash but being able to change the Edge colors to a percentage/amount of Red Green and Blue is good enough for me.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by boiler
I guess only regret I would change is I would have gotten the higher end LCD versions just for the better looks for not much cash but being able to change the Edge colors to a percentage/amount of Red Green and Blue is good enough for me.
Thanks I'm just worried that I might have to get my truck reflashed or something worse may happen. I don't really have the money to fix something over a few hundred dollars.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:18 AM

Received 461 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Striker1911

Thanks I'm just worried that I might have to get my truck reflashed or something worse may happen. I don't really have the money to fix something over a few hundred dollars.
Then don't do it.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Striker1911
The unit plugs into the diagnostic port below the steering wheel and only alters the ECU so as long as you use the pre-installed maps I think you are safe since I'd hope they knew what they were doing releasing them publicly. From what I've seen its not a big difference in the engine's operation so I wouldn't expect any increased stress/wear on the drive components.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by boiler

The unit plugs into the diagnostic port below the steering wheel and only alters the ECU so as long as you use the pre-installed maps I think you are safe since I'd hope they knew what they were doing releasing them publicly. From what I've seen its not a big difference in the engine's operation so I wouldn't expect any increased stress/wear on the drive components.
Thanks for the advice

Quick Reply: Evolution programmer