Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Eibach pro truck kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 10:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Eibach pro truck kit

Super excited to complete this mod. All of my former F150s had the B5100’s.
When using their provided spring you must use the lowest purchase point. When you open the box you can see why. The eibach spring are a third taller than stock.
i used a HD clam spring compressor; it wasn’t enough. I had to walk the spring down with the clam and two more single clamps. (I know it’s not safe). Finally had the spring compressed, popped it in and.....raised the front end so high my rear end is squatting. No weight in bed 1/2 tank of gas.
center hub front wheel 26” both sides, center hub rear 24.5”.
i am talking with Eibach but I’m not super excited about wasting my Saturday to put a product on that I’m going to need to swap/change out😢
Old 03-27-2019, 08:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why do you need to swap it out?
Old 03-27-2019, 08:31 PM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Heatseeker

Super excited to complete this mod. All of my former F150s had the B5100’s.
When using their provided spring you must use the lowest purchase point. When you open the box you can see why. The eibach spring are a third taller than stock.
i used a HD clam spring compressor; it wasn’t enough. I had to walk the spring down with the clam and two more single clamps. (I know it’s not safe). Finally had the spring compressed, popped it in and.....raised the front end so high my rear end is squatting. No weight in bed 1/2 tank of gas.
center hub front wheel 26” both sides, center hub rear 24.5”.
i am talking with Eibach but I’m not super excited about wasting my Saturday to put a product on that I’m going to need to swap/change out😢
Did you put the coils on the lowest perch setting? Are you using the eibach struts? I have a similar setup to yours
Old 03-27-2019, 08:44 PM

Yes, using their struts and the spring perch is on the lowest setting. What are your measurements from center hub? I have a 4x4 2.7l.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:50 PM

Yes, using their struts and the spring perch is on the lowest setting. What are your measurements from center hub? I have a 4x4 2.7l.
My measurement won’t help much because I’m running 35” tires. I do have an add a leaf in the rear and a block about 3/4” bigger in the rear and I’m sitting with a 2” rake. If you still want those measurement I’ll get them tomorrow in the daylight. I have a 4x4 5.0
Old 03-27-2019, 09:22 PM

If you wouldn’t I’d appreciate it. If you take it the measurements from center axle up to fender it won’t matter the tire size. Thank you. I’m at 26” in the front.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:03 AM

If you wouldn’t I’d appreciate it. If you take it the measurements from center axle up to fender it won’t matter the tire size. Thank you. I’m at 26” in the front.
Im measuring 25 1/4 on both front wheels. 26 1/2 on both back wheels. Guess I was wrong about my 2” rake hah. I’d say the difference between ours might be because of the engine.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:29 AM

Thank you for doing that. Very much appreciated. What engine do you have?
Old 03-28-2019, 10:37 AM

Thank you for doing that. Very much appreciated. What engine do you have?
You’re welcome. My truck has the 5.0. The only info I could find online showed about an 80# difference between engines with the 5.0 being heavier. I don’t think that’s enough to compress those springs nearly an inch. You could just add a leaf or bigger blocks and call it a day. Have you driven it around since the new coils? It may settle a tad but not the difference we are seeing here.
Old 03-28-2019, 10:42 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What do your CV angles look like? Eibach says 2.7” of lift. What were your measurements before you put them on?

Quick Reply: Eibach pro truck kit