Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driveshaft re-clocking and balancing

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Driveshaft re-clocking and balancing

Im looking at the directions for my superlift 6" lift kit and it says that I have to have my front driveshafts rebalanced. It also says that I have to grind off a key in the cv's and rotate one of the 90 degrees so that they go back in, in the same orientation (reclocking). I was wondering if someone could clear up as to why I need to go about doing these two processes and can you rebalance them yourself?
Old 04-17-2007, 10:47 PM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Knarf0486
Im looking at the directions for my superlift 6" lift kit and it says that I have to have my front driveshafts rebalanced. It also says that I have to grind off a key in the cv's and rotate one of the 90 degrees so that they go back in, in the same orientation (reclocking). I was wondering if someone could clear up as to why I need to go about doing these two processes and can you rebalance them yourself?
I have personally have not seen that on instructions, but Call these guys www.floridapowertrain.com I use the Jacksonville location. They have a high speed balancer. They can do the grinding and rotating that needs to be done.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft re-clocking and balancing