Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disappointed looking 15 Crew Cab

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disappointed looking 15 Crew Cab

Newbie to the forums and hoping to get some advice on where to go next with my 15' f150.

I bought the truck last year and was really eager to not have it look stock so I threw on some 12 offset Fuel Trophy Wheels with BFG Tires. The problem is that they are only the 9.5" rims and honestly the tires look all tall and skinny and doesn't have much of an aggressive look. It was basically what Discount Tire told me they could get right away and I didn't even think about the width like an idiot.. I've been thinking about getting some spacers maybe to push them out a bit or maybe do a lift with bigger/wider tires if possible.

Trying to not spend a grip of dough either but sure would want this truck looking better...

Thoughts/ideas/options?

BTW, I just realized how stupid this heading is, haha

Last edited by erikj1080; 04-26-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:05 PM

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by erikj1080
Newbie to the forums and hoping to get some advice on where to go next with my 15' f150.

I bought the truck last year and was really eager to not have it look stock so I threw on some 12 offset Fuel Trophy Wheels with BFG Tires. The problem is that they are only the 9.5" rims and honestly the tires look all tall and skinny and doesn't have much of an aggressive look. It was basically what Discount Tire told me they could get right away and I didn't even think about the width like an idiot.. I've been thinking about getting some spacers maybe to push them out a bit or maybe do a lift with bigger/wider tires if possible.

Trying to not spend a grip of dough either but sure would want this truck looking better...

Thoughts/ideas/options?

Your truck looks good. I wouldn’t worry too much about the wheels there are pros and cons to everything. Your narrower tires help with mpg and grip. Spacers are never a good idea on a truck and they are even illegal in some states. The only thing I would say it could use is some running boards, maybe mud flaps, stuff like that. It really depends on what you want out of the truck.
The following users liked this post:
erikj1080 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 01:06 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Current size of the tires? I'm guessing you are talking about a +12 offset? Rims are _ _ X 9.5 - +12

I don't think it looks all that bad. A slightly wider tire (if it will fit without rubbing) will look better but remember going larger means more weight and that means the mpg will drop.
Old 04-26-2019, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idrive
Current size of the tires? I'm guessing you are talking about a +12 offset? Rims are _ _ X 9.5 - +12

I don't think it looks all that bad. A slightly wider tire (if it will fit without rubbing) will look better but remember going larger means more weight and that means the mpg will drop.
Thanks and I just realized that this should have been under the wheels and tires category instead but whatevers I guess..

They are 275/65 R20s
Old 04-26-2019, 01:42 PM

Received 322 Likes on 237 Posts

I think your tires look great. Aggressive while still getting decent mpg
The following users liked this post:
erikj1080 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-28-2019, 10:50 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by erikj1080

Thoughts/ideas/options?

I think your truck looks fine. I have 18x9 wheels on mine and personally much prefer this over the wide, silly offset that everyone runs.
I also disagree with the comment to add mud-flaps and running boards for
improved looks. Those things came off my 19 the first week I got them. To each their own. That said, if you do agree with the above comments I have a set of running boards I’d sell you.
Old 04-28-2019, 01:26 PM

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

I also think it looks really good. I'm not a fan of wide offset, it's a F150 not a JEEP.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:36 AM

Received 315 Likes on 195 Posts

Hey skinny is good I run 36s on a 16x7 rim .

Quick Reply: Disappointed looking 15 Crew Cab