Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash cams

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 09:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Dash cams

I've been seriously considering purchasing a dash cam, given the fact that recording an accident is a good idea due to conflicting stories. Not to mention about 100 other good reasons. I did a search here and didn't find anyone else using them, not obviously anyway. Anyone have any recommendations?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:25 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by big-o
I've been seriously considering purchasing a dash cam, given the fact that recording an accident is a good idea due to conflicting stories. Not to mention about 100 other good reasons. I did a search here and didn't find anyone else using them, not obviously anyway. Anyone have any recommendations?

I've been mulling over a couple my self and torn between these two.

Amazon.com: BOYO Dashcam Vehicle Digital Video Recorder with Built-In GPS with 2.4-Inch LCD: Car Electronics Amazon.com: BOYO Dashcam Vehicle Digital Video Recorder with Built-In GPS with 2.4-Inch LCD: Car Electronics

Amazon.com: BlackVue Wi-Fi DR500GW-HD 16GB Car Black Box/DVR Recorder: Car Electronics Amazon.com: BlackVue Wi-Fi DR500GW-HD 16GB Car Black Box/DVR Recorder: Car Electronics

Old 11-13-2013, 03:14 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I used the Glocam GC2 in my Mustang for close to 2 years. Setting it up can be a bit technical but not too bad. Having said that, a few weeks ago I accidentally left it powered on for most of a day and it quit working after that (the plug in the Mustang was 'always on' powered so I had to unplug it whenever I would get out and I forgot). I may replace it as the company that sells it is close to me.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:33 PM

I was looking for something where the video would loop, but that there would be enough memory so that if it were left on over night, if there were an incident, like ****heads in action, it would be captured. For you guys that have them, how much juice do they use and how long, or how much video can be captured using 32GB of memory?

I have been poking around for the better part of the day and have found that the DOD LS300W dash cam is the way to go. Aside from the features that I want, the reviews are outstanding. The reviews are very important and on top of that I tossed in another 20 bucks for 3 years of swap out, no excuses. here are 2 web sites dealing with it. At the later site(Ebay, go down a page or 2 and you'll see a lot more info.

http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/dod-ls300w/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOD-LS300W-C...11173297849%26

Last edited by big-o; 11-13-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:00 AM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by big-o
I was looking for something where the video would loop, but that there would be enough memory so that if it were left on over night, if there were an incident, like ****heads in action, it would be captured. For you guys that have them, how much juice do they use and how long, or how much video can be captured using 32GB of memory?

I have been poking around for the better part of the day and have found that the DOD LS300W dash cam is the way to go. Aside from the features that I want, the reviews are outstanding. The reviews are very important and on top of that I tossed in another 20 bucks for 3 years of swap out, no excuses. here are 2 web sites dealing with it. At the later site(Ebay, go down a page or 2 and you'll see a lot more info.

http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/dod-ls300w/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOD-LS300W-C...11173297849%26
I don't recall how long mine would record for but I think it would have covered leaving it on overnight. I like the look of this one other than part of my decision with the one I used was how small and discreet it was. I didn't want my car getting broken into to have it stolen. If it looks like a camera or a radar detector in the Atlanta area, you can bet you'll come back to your car and it will be gone!
Old 11-14-2013, 10:51 AM

You are absolutely correct about break ins and the size of the unit. I figure that when I am away from home and in ******* country, I'll just remove the unit from the visor and slide it under the seat or mount it elsewhere in the cabin where the idiots can't see it. Nothing will be without its shortcomings. It would be nice if people could behave better than the slop they aspire to be.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:18 AM

That's why I am torn between the two I posted, no need for loop recording or a super amount of memory, I would still use a 32G but the two I posted have motion detection recording before 10sec and after 10sec. the first one has a larger screen but the 2nd one has a very small footprint and looks nothing like a radar detector, can be tucked away above or in front of rearview mirror.

Old 11-14-2013, 06:26 PM

Hey RN, take a look at the reviews I posted(the site). There is one there that is really small and will take a 128GB sd card. Reviews on that are very good too. Now that I see it, that would have been a better pick I think. OOPs

I found the one I mean, here it is: http://dashboardcamerareviews.com/lukas-lk-7900-ace/
Old 11-14-2013, 07:14 PM

I like the ones with the wifi as in the two above I posted, you can access recorded video thru smart phone not having to d/l to a pc. Most all of them have great picture recording capabilities and that last one you posted I believe has the largest capacity as memory cards go but no wifi.

Damn it seems like every other week they come out with something newer, better faster, and cheaper. LOL

I think I have made my choice but going to wait for cyber Monday sales to kick in before I jump.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:17 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts

I like the blackvue camera that's going on my Christmas list now. Just to many weirdos and odd things on the road to not have one. Wish the dual camera wasn't 450 of the blackvue version.

I really like the parking feature where if someone hits my truck it'll turn on and record. And the smartphone app the black vue is a winner for sure

Quick Reply: Dash cams