Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CVF Titan II for 21+ 3.5 ecoboost review

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2022, 07:51 PM

Received 78 Likes on 40 Posts
Default CVF Titan II for 21+ 3.5 ecoboost review

Hello all,
It’s that time again. I finally got my hands on the CVF Titan II. I did the pre-order and waited and waited but it’s finally here.

I have the original Titan that I adapted to fit my 22 3.5EB. It did an amazing job of keeping the temps down. My temps are pretty good for 94 degree outside temps and 47 minutes of rush hour traffic.

But being a the way I am, I always want better. So we have the Titan II. It is larger in every dimension. The original while much bigger than stock was only 20.5X9X4.5. Which gives us a core volume of 830.25 inches cubed. The new one is 21X9.43X5.32 which gives us a core volume of 1053.5196. Crunch those number we have 223.2696 more inches of volume. All that extra volume translates to the ability to remove heat. The new intercooler is much heavier and bigger. I almost thought it would not fit in the mounts. But it eventually went against its will.

I did have to cut off the forward lip of the bottom intercooler support. It did not fit with my active air dam and once I cut about an inch and a quarter off that lip everything slid right in its home, too and bottom mounts. I just used a sawzall and a flapper disk to clean up the sharp edges of the bottom mount.
As you can see there are all factory connections to the intercooler. This is a huge improvement over retrofitting the original Titan. With their new Titan II it reuses the factory hot and cold sides. It’s much more streamlined and less connections to create turbulence.
once everything is in place and all of your connections are tight go ahead and start the engine and check for boost leaks with a little soapy water. Don’t worry if you don’t soak the connections down you don’t have to worry about your engine getting flooded. Once you’re satisfied go ahead and reinstall your skid plate if equipped.

Then you can stand back and look at your thicc intercooler peeking out your grill.

Please note, as with the original Titan, you must remove the plastic shroud around the inside of the active shutters. Else this thicc girl will not fit. Also take a few seconds and unplug those shutters, tape up the connector to protect it from condensation and tuck it away. No use in having this thicc girl if the shutters are going to be closed most of the time.

My thoughts between the two are positive. The Titan II is bigger heavier and reuses factory connections. Being bigger than the original, it translates into more surface area for cooling. While being heavier translates into more thermal mass to dissipate heat and not heat soak as quickly. The factory connections leave us with improved airflow and security of the connections.
Tomorrow I will be monitoring my temps on my way home from work when I can put it through rush hour again. We can see the temperature difference between the two apples to apples.
Stay tuned!
The following 5 users liked this post by Slater2111:
2.7LTTF150 (11-19-2022), cvf-jason (05-25-2022), Russellb (06-30-2022), TKINAKF150 (04-06-2023), zblanco4 (04-24-2023)
Old 04-12-2024, 03:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was able to monitor "intake air temp" vs "boost air temp" on my 2021 -- since ive moved to a 2023 there are all different PIDs. Anyone know what the proper "boost air temp" reading would be?

Quick Reply: CVF Titan II for 21+ 3.5 ecoboost review