Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks

Old 10-16-2018, 08:54 AM

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks

Want to level my truck and want to go with the Bilstein 5100s. I plan on using the 1.75" setting. Will that give me enough clearance to fix 33x12.5" tires without rubbing? And without "stuffing" them?

Heard the highest setting causes a rougher ride than the other settings plus want to leave a small amount of rake without having to lift the rear higher with blocks. Dead leveled looks nose high to me, so want to leave some rake for towing/hauling (which i dont do a lot of but when i do) and looks.

Also, anybody have a reccomendation on wheel offset? I dont like the tires extending much past the fenders but dont like the "sucked in" look you get when you lift the front end. Eventually gonna do wheels and tires so something I want to keep in mind. Ideally, I would like the edge of the tires at the edge of the fenders.

Thanks-
Old 10-16-2018, 08:57 AM

Received 216 Likes on 170 Posts

What year is your pickup? Shouldn't have issues with 33x12.5, just don't go negative offset. Keep it factory-ish offset, idk what you mean by sucked in after a level.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by lutter5-0
What year is your pickup? Shouldn't have issues with 33x12.5, just don't go negative offset. Keep it factory-ish offset, idk what you mean by sucked in after a level.
2017. I also have the 2.7 XLT and a Crew Cab if that makes a difference. Seems people with the smaller engines got a bigger lift in the front with the level than those with bigger engines like the 5.0. "Sucked in" meaning when you lift the front....the control arms are forced at a steeper angle pulling the tires "inward". Just want an offset that adjusts for this without too much sticking out beyond the fenders.

I also hear different reports of lift with the Bilsteins. Some get more lift than others. The Crew Cabs dont seem to have as much rake as extended cabs and regular cabs to begin with and having the 2.7 (less weight in front), Im just going to go with the 1.75" setting and not all the way up to 2.1". Some people report ride quality diminishes going all the way up to 2.1 also. Just want to make sure 33x12.5" or similar tire will fit without stuffing it.

I guess if I didint go with aftermarket wheels, then I would have to get a skinnier 33" tire to go on the factory rims. Which offset in aftermarket wheels would be stock offset and what increments offset do they come in usually?

Thanks-
Old 10-16-2018, 09:14 PM

So looked into it a little. So what about +20 offset on 18x9 wheels with the 33x12.5" tires with the 1.75" setting on the Bilstein Leveling struts? I dont want the tires sticking too far outside the fender but I dont want them rubbing. Will they rub being that far in?

I currently have the factory 17" wheels right now with 265 70R17 tires.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bilstein 5100 Leveling Shocks