Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein 5100 alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 10:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bilstein 5100 alignment issues

Anyone else have issues aligning your truck after you install Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks? Took my '15 XLT FX4 supercrew to a local shop to get shocks installed and to get it aligned. After the shocks and front struts were installed (set to 1.75in height) they were not able to get the passenger side camber aligned and the truck will go straight only if i turn the wheel slightly to the left. Will be taking it to another place to see if they can get everything corrected but I'm curious whether or not I'm the only one having issues with the alignment.
Old 03-18-2019, 10:55 AM

Received 871 Likes on 695 Posts

Ive installed Bilstein 5100 on about a half dozen trucks, half dozen adjustable coilovers and 3-4 dozen leveling spacers on F-150s from 04-Present and none have ever had a issue with alignment afterwards.

Wayne
Old 03-18-2019, 10:57 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Originally Posted by __TBOYD__
Anyone else have issues aligning your truck after you install Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks? Took my '15 XLT FX4 supercrew to a local shop to get shocks installed and to get it aligned. After the shocks and front struts were installed (set to 1.75in height) they were not able to get the passenger side camber aligned and the truck will go straight only if i turn the wheel slightly to the left. Will be taking it to another place to see if they can get everything corrected but I'm curious whether or not I'm the only one having issues with the alignment.
Yes...
Old 03-23-2019, 05:14 AM

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by __TBOYD__
Yes! I had similar problems with my 5100s. I had alignments by the shop that installed them and also twice at a Ford dealer.Tire wear on right front outer edge, plus, after about 20,000 miles they started feeling mushy like the OE shocks. I no longer have the truck, but would never again buy Bilsteins.

Last edited by ESJAY; 03-23-2019 at 12:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Bilstein 5100 alignment issues