Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE OF Truckaddons.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:50 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Default BEWARE OF Truckaddons.com

I ordered from them on the 10th of this month and opted for shipping insurance just in case.

Not only have two emails from me inquiring about the order gone ignored, they charged me for the shipping insurance.

The website states most orders go out 3-4 days from time of order, and slightly longer if shipped from a different warehouse.

Ok I'll buy that, so what maybe an extra day or 2? That's ok as well, but it's been 9 days (6 business days) and they don't even have the professional courtesy to answer my inquiries.

So beware if you order from them, you may not get what you want and still get charged.

Livid.

Last edited by RLXXI; 05-19-2013 at 04:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
twoone (07-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 05:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for the heads up...hope your stuff gets sorted out soon!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:53 PM
SHEEPDOG

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks for the warning. I hadn't heard of these guys before, but after looking through their site, they seemed legit. I hope you get your gear soon!
Old 05-19-2013, 05:55 PM

Any time and damn it I HATE posting things like this but people have to look out for each other and the sooner companies realize their reputation can be irreparably ruined by the ignorance of employees that don't give a ****, then better customer service can be had.

I sent them another email and told them to refund the shipping insurance or have my order at my front door by Tuesday or all bets off and I'll file a dispute with CC company to get my $$ back.

Then I will institute a smear campaign to further warn others from falling into the same trap I have.

Justice will be served NOW so no one else suffers at their hands. Updates will follow.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:05 PM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

You maybe on to something, I came across this:

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/review...uckaddons.html
Old 05-19-2013, 06:07 PM
SHEEPDOG

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

Basically keeping this thread alive over the next few days should be proof enough to them that they need to take care of you, or they're gonna lose business.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Azuri
You maybe on to something, I came across this:

http://www.pissedconsumer.com/reviews-by-company/truckaddons.html

Well that's just great!

How the hell can these companies stay in business screwing people? I wished I had seen that web site before hand, I would have never done business with them. Damn it, Now I'm pissed at my self for not doing more investigation into them before ordering.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:20 PM

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Well that's just great!

How the hell can these companies stay in business screwing people? I wished I had seen that web site before hand, I would have never done business with them. Damn it, Now I'm pissed at my self for not doing more investigation into them before ordering.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Better know sooner then later and that's why we have credit card protection. PayPal is decent too if you do a dispute with them the seller is forced to respond or your money gets refunded. Either or the consumer has protection.

I'm guilty of online shopping sometimes to and not doing my homework but on large $$$ purchases I do a "Website Name reviews" in Google.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Azuri
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Better know sooner then later and that's why we have credit card protection. PayPal is decent too if you do a dispute with them the seller is forced to respond or your money gets refunded. Either or the consumer has protection.

I'm guilty of online shopping sometimes to and not doing my homework but on large $$$ purchases I do a "Website Name reviews" in Google.

Yeah glad you did, I went ahead and filed a dispute with my CC company now rather than wait, luckily it was only shipping insurance they dinged me for, small change but the principle is the same no matter if it's 12 bux or 1200. Amex is pretty good for solving disputes for customers with proper documentation of which I have plenty.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I just ordered a tonneau cover from them last week and they did follow up with an e-mail that it was shipped. Still waiting though!

I did buy one from them six years ago and had no problems which is why i did again. Time will tell....

Quick Reply: BEWARE OF Truckaddons.com