Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BEWARE - Corsa #14394 for 2012 6.2 Harley

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 06:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BEWARE - Corsa #14394 for 2012 6.2 Harley

I recently purchased this catback system that Corsa advertises as the correct part for my 2012 Harley F150 and attempted to have this installed by my local Ford dealer earlier this week. Unfortunately, this product does not fit the 2012 Harley edition F150. The problem is the intermediate pipe that feeds into the factory center pipe is too small in diameter at 2.5 inches. Both ends of the intermediate pipe should be 3 inches in diameter. With the truck still on the lift at the dealership and myself pretty disappointed, I contacted Corsa about this problem. It was a little more than 48 hours later - after a photo, phone calls, and an email that they offered a remedy to this problem. They would simply send out a new intermediate pipe with a 3 inch diameter(on both ends) which should correct the problem. Initially, this sounded rather feasible to me, but I always measure a company (whether they market goods or services) by their earnest efforts to remedy a problem and how immediate they are in addressing the customer's inconvenience. This is where - in my opinion - Corsa dropped the ball. Keep in mind this is an expensive system at nearly $1000.00.

I would expect - short of demand - that the replacement part be sent to a customer immediately, not four to five business days later (taking this in to the 4th of July holiday week which may cause more delays). I simply do not have the time to wait two weeks or more to have this issue resolved, with nearly $1000.00 tied up in a product that I cannot use. Moreover, I am grateful for the sympathetic dealership that only billed me for half the cost to remove the original stock system, attempt to install the new Corsa system and then reinstall the stock exhaust after the failed attempt. Time is money and they offered quite a bit of theirs at no charge. Yet more troubling, Corsa never offered to compensate me for the cost of their error by advertising a product as "made to fit", which clearly does not. I was fairly optimistic that Corsa would step-up to the plate and accept responsibility here.

My guess (yet not confirmed) is that the Corsa version made for the Raptor is the same one that should be sold to Harley owners, since both trucks share a more robust stock exhaust system than the stock system on the 6.2 Platinum. The Raptor version, too, has a 3 inch diameter on both ends on the intermediate pipe. I am doubtful that Ford would produce three different exhaust systems to accommodate the 6.2 versions in the Platinum, Harley and Raptor.

Corsa indeed makes a great product (when it fits), I had the dB system on my 2010 5.4 Platinum - a great sounding exhaust. But, I am not remotely convinced that they assured fitment of #14394 for the 2012 Harley edition. In the meantime I am returning this defective product to the retailer, and I may just stick with stock and wait to see if Corsa fully addresses this problem and makes the necessary corrections.

If you have had a different experience I hope that you will decide to chime in.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From Corsa's website:

DESCRIPTION & FEATURES

Cat-Back System fits V8 6.2L (does not fit 6.2L Harley Davidson or Raptor)

So it clearly states that part #14394 will not work with your HD. I guess you missed that part, unless it wasn't posted when you bought your part. That doesn't seem like the kind of mistake Corsa would make though.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

just checked the website myself as i too have a Corsa, and it clearly states on the first line that 14394 will not fit HD or Raptor..
Old 10-16-2012, 02:36 PM
F150Forum Sponsor - SCT Dealer! 614 620-5050

Received 1,084 Likes on 877 Posts

Holy dead thread Batman!
Old 10-16-2012, 04:27 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Last edited by JPCharmin; 10-17-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by touchdowntexas
From Corsa's website:

DESCRIPTION & FEATURES

Cat-Back System fits V8 6.2L (does not fit 6.2L Harley Davidson or Raptor)

So it clearly states that part #14394 will not work with your HD. I guess you missed that part, unless it wasn't posted when you bought your part. That doesn't seem like the kind of mistake Corsa would make though.
My purchase was made well before they updated their website. I specifically pointed this out to the representative from Corsa that #14394 does not fit my truck. He stated to me that "you have the right one", and was prepared to send me the correct intermediate pipe. However, I returned the item to the retailer and took a chance and order the model for the Raptor(14387). Guess what? It worked on my Harley, despite no reference to this on Corsa's website. Though, before I returned the original system I kept it until the new one arrived. I compared all components side-by-side, by part number, and measured each as well. The only difference between 14394 and 14387 (Raptor) was the intermediate pipe with a 3-inch diameter on both ends. I had my dealer install the Raptor version, and the rest is history. As of June 27 there was no update to this on Corsa's website ( I attempted to install 14394 on June 25). I periodically checked for a change on their website and I did not see any update until early August. So, my guess is that they updated their website in late July/early August. Though, many weeks after I brought this to their attention. I even captured a shot of the webpage for 14394 on June 25, and on July 6 for 14387 and have them in pdf format. Neither mentioned any compatibility or non-compatibility with the Harley, just 6.2 or Raptor.

On another thread within this forum I commented on the sound of this catback system.

Quick Reply: BEWARE - Corsa #14394 for 2012 6.2 Harley