Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedtred or Bedrug experience??

Old 09-25-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bedtred or Bedrug experience??

I just got a new '11 F150 supercrew and looking for a good bed liner for it. Definately not a drop-in. I was thinking about a Line X but the Bedrug and Bedtred look pretty good too, are not permanent and can be removed if wanted for re-sale or trade in etc. They are also around 350-400.

Anyone have any experience with either of these and what do you think of them? Thanks
Old 09-25-2011, 10:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just do a search...people who have bought a Bedrug love them. Im buying another for the new truck. They are $340 shipped on ebay.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:27 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

They are fantastic, I have had them on my last 3 trucks and need to get one for my newest truck. I personally like the bedrug, the bedtread is cool but not as comfortable as a bedrug if your in and out of the truck a lot. Just my 2cents worth.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:29 PM

Received 91 Likes on 86 Posts

My frend had a rug with a cover. One day it rained in it. Now it stinks like a SOB. Mildew.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Boost :)

Received 440 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by greenheadkiller98
My frend had a rug with a cover. One day it rained in it. Now it stinks like a SOB. Mildew.
My money is on it wasn't a genuine BedRug if that is the case. The design of the real BedRug doesn't allow that to happen in most situations. Mine has been very wet a few times and was dry within hours and there was no water under it or in the foam backing or in the bed.

For anyone looking at a BedRug really needs to look at a tonneau cover of some sort as well. While it is not 100% necessary, you will definitely get better use and a longer life out of it.

Unless you do some serious hauling of various rough or nasty materials, you can't go wrong with the Rug. I have had mine only for a month or so now but will have one on every truck I own from here on out, unless of course something better comes out
Old 09-26-2011, 12:19 AM

I got the dealer to throw in a cover with my truck so it will have a tri-fold cover on it. I don't plan on hauling anything really bad with it, just some standard farm equipment, tools, lumber, etc.. Sounds like the Bedrug would be a good choice.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greenheadkiller98
Thats very surprising... the bedrug is made of plastic. They are made to be sprayed out at a car wash. Over the couple of years I had mine in the old truck (half with a camper and half open to the world) I never had trouble with water or smell.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

I had one in my 93 and also loved it. I had no cover on it and threw all kinds of crap at it. I'm a mason, so chunks of mortar and stuff would stick to it, but all you had to do was just easily peel it off. The only thing that will not come out of it is deer blood. It's also really well padded so you can kneel on it without killing your knees. Never heard of a bedtred, but I definately reccomend the bedrug.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:21 AM

the bedtred pro looks to be a new product from the same makers of the Bedrug. Same exact concept except instead of a fabric type material it looks to be more of a textured, rubber material very similar to a Line X finish but not permanent. That's why I was wondering if anyone has one and what they think of it. Here's a link to it.

http://www.bedrug.com/products/bedtred.php
Old 10-02-2011, 05:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the bed rug on a ranger with shell and now the bed tred on my f150. I like the bed tred because its easier to clean up when dirty. I don't think you can go wrong with either of them. They are both easy on the knees or dogs and both protect well. Basically if you want to haul dirt or mulch i like the tred better. Also it dries just like a regular liner.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bedtred or Bedrug experience??