Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedliner question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 AM
All Wooded Out

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bedliner question

I want to get a bull bar and I want to get the stainless and spray it with bedliner (I think...the I saw and liked was Linex, thats bedliner not undercoat right?).

Im wondering if I should take it somewhere and pay someone to do it or do it myself. I dont know if the home brew liner is as good or durable as pro stuff and I want to know if anyone has recommendations.

Thanks!!
Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pirate,

I got the Line-x w/ Xtra done to my Screw and it looks Sweeet!!!!!!! Would show ya pictures. But I'm a computer stupid... I will say that it looks like it was factory done and I have high praise for Linex( Not a sales rep. Just very happy with the product)... Now if you don't mind parting with a couple dollars. I think that you will be pleasantly surprised with it.. But GL in whatever decide...

Nick
Old 10-03-2010, 12:55 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

get any kind of spray-in bedliner, works great
Old 10-08-2010, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

herculiner can be found at any auto store and is 1/8 of the price of linex and does the same thing. As long as you prep and clean the area right it will stay great.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:39 AM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by smlducks
herculiner can be found at any auto store and is 1/8 of the price of linex and does the same thing. As long as you prep and clean the area right it will stay great.
Nope, LINE-X and Herculiner (and the other store bought bedliners) are WAY different. And guess what, Herculiner is MORE expensive than LINE-X!

According to Hercs data sheet and LINE-X's data sheet, LINE-X is WAY more durable. For example, the Taber abrasion test (measures the amount worn off after 1,000 revolutions of a wheel) shows LINE-X lost .1525 grams and Herc shows 30.5 grams, that's a HUGE difference.

Herculiner is a solvent based product. About 1/3 of the gallon is a solvent that evaporates away. So, for every gallon you buy, you get 3/4 of a gallon of bedliner product. LINE-X is solvent free and dealers apply about 8 gallons in a short bed truck. So, to get the same out of Herc, you would have to buy 11 gallons of Herc. Assuming Herc is $100/gallon, that would be $1,100. So, LINE-X is actually less expensive per gallon (and you get a lifetime warranty).
Old 10-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Tuxedo Black

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's not trying to spray his bed, he's wanting to coat his bull-bar. Personally, I'll be getting my bed line-x'd here in a couple months. However, for the bull bar I see no reason not to go with Herculiner if you're a do-it-yourself kind of guy.

Get an estimate to Line-X your bull bar and compare with Herculiner. You could likely do with 1 or 2 quarts max (depending on the size of your bar).

Quick Reply: Bedliner question