Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed Cover + Bed Rack combinations

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2016, 12:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bed Cover + Bed Rack combinations

I recently took delivery of a 2016 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew with 5.5' bed. I want a bed rack system primarily for carrying my 16' sea kayak and also for occasional ladders and lumber. But the kayak is the primary purpose. I would like to be able to use my existing Thule Slipstream kayak carrier with the bed rack.

My wife insists that I get a bed cover so we'll have some weather protection for our stuff (i.e. luggage) when we go on road trips. Security is of medium concern because I'm skeptical that the claims of security with the flip covers is all that secure to a determined thief.

My primary concern is finding a bed rack system that works easily with a bed cover. I'm aware of the Adrac + Access soft bed cover combo. I'm also aware of using a Perego and TracRac combo, though modifications need to be made to get them to work together. I like the TracRac Pro but I'm not keen on the mods.

Can you recommend any other good combinations of bed cover and bed rack?

Thank you in advance!
The following users liked this post:
Agri-Cover, Inc. (01-15-2016)
Old 01-15-2016, 02:26 PM
F150 Forum

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Thank you for considering our ADARAC™ Truck Bed Rack System. Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been using a TracRac and Retrax combo for almost a year and like it very much. I carry my two 12' kayaks on the rack and all other stuff under the Retrax. No leaks. Its installed on a 2014 F150.
Old 01-19-2016, 03:31 PM
Truck Bed Storage Systems

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

We don't build rack systems but we do make a product which can store all of your gear easily in a secure, dry and weatherproof system that is ergonomic but still allows full use of your truck bed. These are compatible with a majority of the rack systems out there. You can see more of it here: www.decked.com

Old 01-19-2016, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by edwardo37
I've been using a TracRac and Retrax combo for almost a year and like it very much. I carry my two 12' kayaks on the rack and all other stuff under the Retrax. No leaks. Its installed on a 2014 F150.
Hi Edwardo. Did you have to do any modifications or finagling to get that combination to work properly? Did you do the installation yourself or have them installed? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought both rack and tonneau from the following company:

https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/

My truck is the gray F150 on the right. More pics of my truck under "Rack and tonneau systems". I installed everything myself; both installs were easy; no finagling. Tell Morrie I sent you.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:36 AM

I went to https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/ and ultimately ordered the Bakflip Revolver X2 and TracRac SR. The bed cover already arrived so I will install that tomorrow and the TracRac will be here next week. I had no idea that Thule had purchased TracRac until Morrie told me. Thanks for the tip on this store.
Old 01-22-2016, 11:20 PM

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DECKED
We don't build rack systems but we do make a product which can store all of your gear easily in a secure, dry and weatherproof system that is ergonomic but still allows full use of your truck bed. These are compatible with a majority of the rack systems out there. You can see more of it here: www.decked.com

That is pretty dam cool.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by cuisinartoh
I went to https://www.tonneaufactoryoutlet.com/ and ultimately ordered the Bakflip Revolver X2 and TracRac SR. The bed cover already arrived so I will install that tomorrow and the TracRac will be here next week. I had no idea that Thule had purchased TracRac until Morrie told me. Thanks for the tip on this store.
How did that end up working out for you? I'm looking at doing the same thing and best I can tell they are compatible, but when I talked to my Ford accessories dealer they sounded pretty pessimistic about it.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by FltLvl
How did that end up working out for you? I'm looking at doing the same thing and best I can tell they are compatible, but when I talked to my Ford accessories dealer they sounded pretty pessimistic about it.
Works great together. I only wish the rails on the ladder rack were a bit lower profile but other than that it works well.
The following users liked this post:
FltLvl (04-18-2016)

Quick Reply: Bed Cover + Bed Rack combinations