Battery Swap - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Swap

Old 02-02-2019, 03:47 PM

Default Battery Swap

Replacing the original battery in my 2013 F-150 and concerned about the various connections and fuses on the positive terminal connector plate. Is there there any danger of removing the 'plate' by conventional means of loosening the terminal post clamp and removing the plate as a single unit or do the various connections on this 'plate' need to be removed in some particular order to avoid causing damage to some part of the electrical components?
Old 02-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Fleet Technician

Thanked 4,345 Times in 3,416 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Elson View Post
Replacing the original battery in my 2013 F-150 and concerned about the various connections and fuses on the positive terminal connector plate. Is there there any danger of removing the 'plate' by conventional means of loosening the terminal post clamp and removing the plate as a single unit or do the various connections on this 'plate' need to be removed in some particular order to avoid causing damage to some part of the electrical components?
One bolt and remove it as an assembly. If any of it is corroded enough to break off you need a new cable from Ford.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Battery Swap

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: