Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 08:50 PM
Happy new owner

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review

After much going back and forth on what tonneau cover to buy I finally settled on the Bakflip F1 with a Bakbox 2. These might not be for everyone but I feel like its a prefect fit for me. Its easy to fold up, remove, keeps water out (tested), offers a little bit of dry storage and I can still use my whole bed fairly easily.

Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review-img_0988.jpg

Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review-img_0989.jpg

Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review-img_0990.jpg

Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review-img_0991.jpg

Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review-img_0992.jpg

Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review-img_0993.jpg

The install was easy except for putting in the two bolts at the front. The holes on the rails didn't line up with the holes on the cover so I just loosened the rails off a bit and then slide the bolts in. Tightened everything up and done. Bed cover install took about an hour with fiddling with the holes and the box took about 20 minutes. After everything was installed I cleaned it and sprayed it with a vinyl uv protector to keep it looking fresh. I also sprayed the hooks at the front with Rustoleum as I saw a lot of trucks with Bakflip covers had the hooks rusted. I have no idea why Bakflip wouldn't use stainless but whatever, easy fix. It has rained and I washed it and no water got in so I'm happy.
The following users liked this post:
Gr8_Outdoorsman (07-01-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 09:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the review. I just installed the F1 ~2 weeks ago. The install was super easy, but they did forget to include the drain tubing. It wasn't a big deal because I had plenty in the shed. Mine does get a small trickle of water around the tailgate step in a really heavy downpour, but not enough to ruin anything. I'd feel comfortable putting luggage back there.

I wiped mine down with 303 protectant for a little bit of uv protection. So far so good. I've also considered the bakbox but I'm still debating if it would be easier to just use a regular sealed tool box.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:29 PM

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,691 Posts

ditto on the backflip f1!
Old 07-08-2014, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also just installed the F1.. shipped with no issues. Everything went in nice and easy. Much lighter then the G2 i had before!!!
Old 07-08-2014, 09:41 AM

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

One thing that I didn't mention above was that my shipment was missing the drain hose. It wasn't a major issue because I had some in my shed but you may want to look for it when unpacking your cover.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:43 AM

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,691 Posts

Originally Posted by Gr8_Outdoorsman
One thing that I didn't mention above was that my shipment was missing the drain hose. It wasn't a major issue because I had some in my shed but you may want to look for it when unpacking your cover.

I need to install mine!

Quick Reply: Bakflip F1 & Bakbox 2 Review