Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BaK-Flip Roll-X Review

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up BaK-Flip Roll-X Review

I figured I would write a short review on here of my new Roll-x tonneau cover, most of the reviews on here are either lengthy or dated. After looking around I was pretty convinced I wanted a hard folding cover for my 2013 FX4, but I often haul several kayaks and such in the bed of my truck, so I wanted a cover that folded all the way up. I narrowed it down to either the Bak-flip Fiber max or the Roll-x, I went with the roll-x basically because I wanted to be able to see out of my back window. My local store was the first place I went who had one in stock but was $90 more than online prices of jcwhitney.com or other websites, then after reading this forum everyone kept talking about Morrie hooking them up at Bakfactoryoutlet.com. In my opinion if you're going to order a bak tonneau do it from this site, while looking on the site a chat window came up and and greeted us, answered our questions...then offered to call us if it would be easier, nice touch...so my girlfriend talked to Morrie on the phone, who is a super nice, and knowledgable guy, and knocked the price down considerably like ($200) so make sure you call.

As for the cover, it fits as advertised, very low profile and sleek. The cover rolls nicely and my girlfriend and I installed it in about 10mins it basically just slaps on and has three clamps to tighten on each side. My package did not come with the weatherstripping for the front of the bed, but after one email that problem was fixed. Even without the weatherstripping I have had no water get into the bed, I would not say its waterproof, but unless some really heavy rain was forecasted I wouldn't hesitate to store clothing or tents under it when camping. It seems to ride fine in the rolled up position, no issues with it rubbing on my cab like some people have. Only minor vibrations when driving, nothing noticeable unless your staring at it in your mirror like I was, no noticeable MPG improvement in my ecoboost, but gas mileage has never been an issue with me.

Overall I would recommend this cover, I like it, I like the website I purchased it from, keeps the bed dry, I don't think I would stand on top of it, but it does feel sturdy. Good cover.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just popped over to the site, Morrie started talking to me right away. I'm gonna try to save up the funds and see what I can do in July, thanks for the link.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:33 AM
F150 Forum

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default BakFactoryOutlet now TonneauFactoryOutlet.com

Originally Posted by wfillier
Just popped over to the site, Morrie started talking to me right away. I'm gonna try to save up the funds and see what I can do in July, thanks for the link.
Hello to all:

Just wanted to let all the members here know that BakFactoryOutlet is now TonneaufactoryOutlet.com.

Hi this is Morrie and we changed the url to better reflect our new expanded line up with ReTrax and Truxedo. We only present top of the line products to narrow down the crowded field for you. Please call, chat, or send us a PM for any further info. 800 653-7089

Best Regards, Morrie
Old 03-11-2016, 05:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Order placed! Great talking to you Morrie and thanks for the good deal on the Revolver X2!

Quick Reply: BaK-Flip Roll-X Review