Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bak Fibermax review

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 03:02 PM

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Bak Fibermax review

I was in the market for a tonneau cover and I had originally planned to keep it inexpensive so I ordered a tonnopro roll up cover from Clark@autoanything. Got the cover in and tried to install it and the drivers side side rail was bent. The passenger side went on fine but you could tell there was something wrong with the drivers side. I tried to install it anyway and needless to say the cover wouldn't work. So I called up autoanything and arranged for a replacement. I was just going to send it back and get them to send me a replacement. Well I get a call from autoanything saying that tonnopro received the cover back and checked it out and didn't see anything wrong with it so they were going to ship the exact same cover back to me. I said hell no and told them to give me a refund. As soon as the refund cleared my account I ordered the Bak.

I had a G2 Bak flip on my 09 crew so I was already familiar with them. I really liked that cover...the only thing I didn't like was that you loose vision out of the back window with the cover up, and the aluminum panels on the G2 were starting to fade and "chalk" up. I saw the F1 but really didn't want to spend that much money, so I got the fibermax. It's basically a HD model with the F1 fiber panels on the top. It has more of a "gloss" finish than my old G2 had, and it seems to fit a lot better. Install took all of about 20 min. With the forum discount code I paid $721.65

I'm sure you all know what they look like, but here is my one pic. The cover was dusty and I guess it rained last night, thats why it has the dirt circles on it.

Last edited by sixsix; 05-10-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 AM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Actually, the Fibermax is a G2 cover with with FRP panels, but it's not like the HD.

The Fibermax is 1/2" thick, FRP panels, and an aluminum core.
The HD is 5/8" thick, aluminum panels, and a polystyrene core.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:26 PM

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

OOps, your right. Must have miss read it.

Quick Reply: Bak Fibermax review