Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bak Box 2 First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 04:19 PM

Received 92 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Bak Box 2 First Impressions

Received my "free" Bak Box 2 as a rebate offer from my Bakflip purchase in June. The unpacking and install is too simple and easy to discuss further. The pics below detail some of the limitations of the box. For my needs, it will serve well as a place to store things that are seldomly used but needed just in case.

Install as far forward as possible. Tonneau covers 3" of the Bakbox. This makes larger bags and boxes not fit that would otherwise normally fit. 4" pipe fits to front of bed, so loading studs or plywood with tailgate closed won't be a problem.

Standard washer fluid doesn't fit beneath tonneau but normal milk jug does. I'll transfer into the milk jug and keep one in the Bakbox, especially in the winter months.

All the way forward = 50" of bed space with Bakbox unfolded and filled with stuff.

All the way forward = 60" of bed space with Bakbox folded up into the stowed position

53" of space between brackets with Bak Box stowed. If something fits between the wheel wells, then the brackets won't interfere either.

Bakbox moved 3" towards tailgate so that larger bags and boxes can be loaded into Bakbox without interference from tonneau. Pipe still fits to front of bed so I'll still be good for studs and plywood too.

No interference with Bakflip prop rod. Still have 47" of bed space, 57" with Bakbox stowed

View from above with bakbox at final resting spot. Larger toolbags and boxes can now go straight down into bakbox
Old 08-15-2018, 12:14 PM

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Awesome review, very detailed and I'm sure many will be thankful for the measurements provided! Owning a tonneau cover limits your ability to have a standard toolbox. This is a great way around it.

Quick Reply: Bak Box 2 First Impressions