Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad experience with bumpersuperstore

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 10:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bad experience with bumpersuperstore

So 5 weeks ago I ordered 2 NFAB RDS bumpers from bumper superstore. I was told my bumpers had to be made, and it would take 10 days to make and 7 days to ship. I was quoted about 3 weeks worst case. I figured OK! That's reasonable. So I placed the order. $1376.00 for both front and rear bumpers. 3 weeks go by, no call or email from them. So I figure I'll give it another week and call, so week 4 I call. They told me they would be shipped in about a week cause they are not done yet. I'm a little irritated t this point, but OK, it is what it is. Then the shipping company calls me and says due to memorial day weekend they have no one coming out my way. This was on a Tuesday. OK, anyway, bumpers arrive a week latter. I'm excited I have my busy ready to help me install. I'm with the truck driver, invoice says it weighs 250 lbs. Truck driver say there is no way this is 250 lbs. I lifted it and agreed. So I open the package. Front bumper is there, but no rear bumper. So I ask the truck driver where it's at, he says "not on his truck" so I sign the invoice but write, - no rear bumper in package- so I call NFAB since its made and shipped from there location, they automatically say we have nothing to do with it. You need to contact the bumper superstore where you paid for them. So I call the Boer superstore. I explain how I received the front bumper but not the rear, they looked up the tracking number and told me its not showing up for some reason. The lady told me she would make call and get back to me the next day. Mind you this call was made at 8 am. I guess it takes a whole day to make a couple call. Anyway, I get a email saying they are looking into it, but they need pictures of the bumper in the package, which is now mounted on my truck, by then. They also wanted me to call the shipping company, and find out if they have it on the docks or in storage, and fax them the invoice I got from them. Now at this point I'm pissed. Why do I, the customer have to go out of my busy work schedule and do all this, do to their error. I told them. I paid for my bumpers, you have my money, they are paid for, I just want my bumper. You look into it. I get another email back saying if I don't do any of these things, they can't get my bumper from the shipping company. Same day they emailed me again and told me they talked with the shipping company and looking into it. But still need me to do the things they asked of me, before they could start a claim. At this point I'm furious. Beyond mad. So I called the shipping company told them the situation. They told me they have heard nothing about it. So they fax me my invoice that was signed with " rear bumper is missing, or not in package, I forget the what I wrote. Anyway. So at this point I call NFAB ask them if they had the same bumper made and in stock, they said yes. So I emailed the bumper superstore and told them I paid for my bumper, I never received it, NFAB has it in stock, and I would like them to order it and get it to me, cause I have now been without a rear bumper for weeks now. If your thinking why do I not have my stock one on, it cause I just had the vehicle painted and the stock bumper got damaged and cracked so it won't mount back up. Anyway. The bumper superstore emails me back and tells me they can't do that I need to give them pictures of no bumper on my truck and pictures of the front bumper and a bunch of other things before they will do anything. At this point I'm done, so mad at the lack of customer service and the fact I'm having to do all the work to get a bumper I already paid for and never received, I told them this is not my fault nor is it my job and you guys need to make this right. So I finally decided to send them the note I wrote on the invoice from the carrier. They then emailed me back and said they will now look into it. I asked when I will get my bumper I paid for. He told me it may take a while. Anyway to end this long post, I'm here to say. Never do business with this store. They do not care about the customer, they made everything about the situation as it was my fault not theirs. They won't stand behind their faults and own up to it. Nor will they get what you paid for to you, without a long drawn out process. So basically no one has no idea where my bumpers at and will not get me another, until their investigation is done. I'm here to say, stay away from these guys, save yourself time and money and order directly from the source or to a place who put the customer first and not themselves. They are q horrible company.
The following 3 users liked this post by pro100success@gmail.:
RocksteadyF150 (06-03-2017), UncleFester (10-02-2017), virtwo (01-23-2021)
Old 06-04-2017, 04:23 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Paragraphs please. I'm having a bad experience trying to make out all that run-on.

Last edited by RLXXI; 06-04-2017 at 04:42 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Phil48315 (06-04-2017)
Old 06-04-2017, 07:25 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

To late to notify the credit card company?
Old 06-04-2017, 08:22 PM

I just started a claim through PayPal, but they are telling me this could take up to 90 days. Regardless, they have my money and I only have one of the bumpers. I have been emailing them to ask for an update, but nothing back from them yet. I'm just bummed out at this point. I ended up ordering the same bumper from someone els, just to get my truck done and on the road.
Old 06-04-2017, 09:00 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Screenshot this thread and email it to them. It will let them know you've made the f-150 community aware of their business practices. You'll get some attention then.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:10 PM

I'm thinking of doing that. Thanks. I'll keep everyone updated. I'm hoping for a response from them Monday. Every other company I have dealt with has just sent me a new product. I have always had great customer service with other places. I figure they are just making sure they get there money back before crediting me a refund. Which I think is bad customer service not outing the customer first.
Old 09-21-2017, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went through a similar situation with the same company. I ordered a truck step on 9/13, and got an email on the 14th, stating "ready to ship". I waited a week, no tracking number, no emails, etc.

I called yesterday, to find out it had not even been shipped. They promised a tracking number "on the 22nd at the latest". I was righteously pissed, but I am trying to be a more patient person, and let it slide. Afterwards, I wondered why I even did that. I can see that these are folks who should NOT be in business, and I highly recommend against using them for ANYTHING.

Rant mode off.
Old 09-21-2017, 11:12 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by CantonF150
I just went through a similar situation with the same company. I ordered a truck step on 9/13, and got an email on the 14th, stating "ready to ship". I waited a week, no tracking number, no emails, etc.

I called yesterday, to find out it had not even been shipped. They promised a tracking number "on the 22nd at the latest". I was righteously pissed, but I am trying to be a more patient person, and let it slide. Afterwards, I wondered why I even did that. I can see that these are folks who should NOT be in business, and I highly recommend against using them for ANYTHING.

Rant mode off.

Jealous Chevy drivers?
Old 09-26-2017, 06:46 PM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

Get your rear bumper?
Old 09-27-2017, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bumper Superstore Warnings

Originally Posted by jhelrey
Get your rear bumper?

I didn't order a new bumper, I was ordering a TrekStep rear bumper step- it folds up tight against the rear bumper when not in use, and folds down to allow access to the bed and toolbox.

Yes, I finally got it yesterday, after 3 weeks of waiting. Once again, I am warning anyone from using Bumper Superstore. I ignored all the bad reviews, and I was wrong. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

I would have never gotten this item if I had not called and asked for a tracking number. There is no follow up, and no apparent concern on the part of the CS rep, CJ.

AVOID!!!!

Quick Reply: Bad experience with bumpersuperstore