Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B&M Transmission Pan......

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 04:48 PM
F150 Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 89 Posts
Default B&M Transmission Pan......

Hey all, This brand new Trans pan just got released by B&M, it is their Hi-Tek line of pans and it looks like a nice unit. Here is their press release.....

B&M’s Hi-Tek line of Deep Aluminum Transmission Pans are constructed of thick A356.0-T6 cast aluminum and feature a durable black anodized finished. Designed to fit 2009-2017 Ford F150 trucks with the 6R80 transmission, these finned deep trans pans significantly increase the fluid capacity and dissipate heat much faster to prolong the life of the transmission and related components. Additional features include an engraved B&M logo, drain port, temperature sensor fitting, magnetic drain plug and complete hardware and installation instructions.

What kind of interest would there be in this unit for all you guys? Is there a need for it, especially you guys that tow?
Attached Thumbnails B&M Transmission Pan......-70394_3.jpg  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:57 PM
The Light Guy

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

id be interested if i knew it would clear my cat on the driver side. since i put headers on that 3 inch pipe and cat sit really close to my trans pan as it is.
Old 05-02-2017, 06:42 AM
F150 Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex Kenison
id be interested if i knew it would clear my cat on the driver side. since i put headers on that 3 inch pipe and cat sit really close to my trans pan as it is.
Let me see if I can get some dimensions on that for you sir
Old 05-06-2017, 01:50 PM
5.0 DOHC V8

Received 1,587 Likes on 974 Posts

these finned deep trans pans significantly increase the fluid capacity and dissipate heat much faster

Three things: Increase capacity by how much? and a cast (trans-) oil pan should have a steel skidplate to protect it. The stamped-steel pans on the truck now would withstand a rock punch better than a cast aluminum version.

Having a drain plug is always a plus... but also providing an easier way to check fluid level (and check it while everything is HOT) would be the incentive for me to purchase this. B&M is dropping the ball in this application (2015-17, that is) without this.