Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automotivetouchup.com and E-autogrilles

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automotivetouchup.com and E-autogrilles

Not sure if anybody is looking into these products but I figured if even one person finds this helpful than it was worth the time to post it.
So over the weekend I painted an E-Autogrille's grille and the black plastic upper bumper valance on my 2011 XL. I used all rattle can paint from Automotivetouchup.com. Here's my review on these products.

E-Autogrille. I was very impressed with this grille for $260. Seems sturdy so far, pretty easy install. Just bolted on, no cutting no drilling. The original frame it came with looked kind of bad, but since I was painting it I was able to sand all the bad spots out. I would purchase again.

Automotivetouchup.com-adhesion promoter. I guess only time will tell if this product helps the paint stick to plastic, kind of hard to right a review on this yet.

Automotivetouchup.com-primer. This primer was horrible. Did not spray even at all, and took 6 hours to dry (can says 30 minutes). Did not come out even relatively smooth, which I'm sure has to do with how bad it sprayed. After finally sanding it smooth I had to spray more primer to cover. While it was drying it was setting on a saw horse outside, somebody in my house knocked it off the sawhorse and screwed it up pretty bad. I had already used all the primer so I ran to autozone and picked up a can of dupont perfect match primer. This primer worked 10x better and if I had known that I would have just used it in the first place.

Automotivetouchup.com-basecoat. This basecoat worked great. Color match was dead on. Paint came out nice and smooth and covered nicely. I will use this product again.

Automotivetouchup.com-2K can clear coat. This clear coat was pretty expensive but worth the price. Came out nice and smooth and covered well. Great shine when cured. Will use again.

Well here is some before and after pictures. Don't mind the bumpers...they are just plasti-dipped until I can find a good powder coat match for Oxford White.
Attached Thumbnails Automotivetouchup.com and E-autogrilles-4.jpg   Automotivetouchup.com and E-autogrilles-20150308_172949.jpg  

Quick Reply: Automotivetouchup.com and E-autogrilles