Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Remote Keyless Entry

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2018, 08:43 PM
Ford Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Remote Keyless Entry

I just installed a Lanbo aftermarket keyless remote entry in my 1995 F150. It was a bit of a PITA figuring out the wiring because I couldn't find any info(after hours of searching) about whether the electric locks in my truck were positive or negative triggered or reverse polarity. Thanks to some videos, I got it wired. Only thing is, it only locks and unlocks the driver's side door. Maybe it's because I tapped into the actuator wires at the driver's door instead of farther down the line? When I connected the orange and the orange and black to ground as instructed, the lock became sluggish with the factory switch. Still didn't work all the locks. Disconnected the oranges and the driver's side worked fine but none of the others work. I'm okay with that for now, but I'm sure it will get annoying. Any ideas of how to get the other doors working?
Old 10-24-2018, 01:01 PM
Ford Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyNightmare
I just installed a Lanbo aftermarket keyless remote entry in my 1995 F150. It was a bit of a PITA figuring out the wiring because I couldn't find any info(after hours of searching) about whether the electric locks in my truck were positive or negative triggered or reverse polarity. Thanks to some videos, I got it wired. Only thing is, it only locks and unlocks the driver's side door. Maybe it's because I tapped into the actuator wires at the driver's door instead of farther down the line? When I connected the orange and the orange and black to ground as instructed, the lock became sluggish with the factory switch. Still didn't work all the locks. Disconnected the oranges and the driver's side worked fine but none of the others work. I'm okay with that for now, but I'm sure it will get annoying. Any ideas of how to get the other doors working?
I can't believe I haven't got a single bite on this one. *tap tap Is this thing on? 😁
I'd appreciate any ideas. Steve83 (or anyone else), do you have a wiring diagram for the door locks on a 1995 F150 XL 5.8L Standard cab 4WD? (Centurion conversion to an XLT SCrew) with 4 power locks.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Remote Keyless Entry