Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aFe Stage 2 Intake for Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 08:15 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default aFe Stage 2 Intake for Ecoboost

I looked around on the site and couldn't find anything really from anyone on the aFe Stage 2 intake. I wanted to see if anyone out there is running one, and what kind of gas mileage they are seeing and if there was any improvement overall? I've ran AEM Brute forces on my old V8's and loved them, but think I'll go with aFe on the new truck.

After I installed new wheels and tires my MPG dropped about 1 mpg overall so I was hoping with intake and exhaust it'll help with power and gas mileage. Obviously if you drive like an a**hole with an intake it's gonna hurt your mpg cause you're sucking in that much more air, but wanted to see what the overall consensus was?

Also, do any of you guys think it matters what order you do intake and exhuast? As a motocross guy I always do an exhuast first because it helps the most, and I feel like if you're sucking in more air you need to help get more air out.

Let me know what you guys think!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:43 PM
TTV6>V8

Received 280 Likes on 194 Posts

In my opinion aFe is the best at Cold Air Intake. And they certainly cost enough to be.
I've been running the aFe stage 2 for over a year now and there are a few things I can tell you with out a doubt.
1. You will see little to NO MPG increase.
2. You will see little to NO power or performance gains. (the Ford stock intakes are actually very high flowing already and the truck being forced induction really makes a CAI redundant)
3. It will make your turbos and that whooshing sound way more pronounced.

Basically if your paying full price for this kit your buying a $450 noise maker. You can find vendors on here that will sell it in the 300s. I personally LOVE the sound it makes and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Just don't expect any gains in power or mileage. Same goes for exhaust. Best way to increase mileage would be to get a programmer and find a company that does mileage tunes. There are tons.
Good luck with the truck man. Hope this helps answer your questions!
Old 02-03-2014, 07:03 PM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Logan24
In my opinion aFe is the best at Cold Air Intake. And they certainly cost enough to be.
I've been running the aFe stage 2 for over a year now and there are a few things I can tell you with out a doubt.
1. You will see little to NO MPG increase.
2. You will see little to NO power or performance gains. (the Ford stock intakes are actually very high flowing already and the truck being forced induction really makes a CAI redundant)
3. It will make your turbos and that whooshing sound way more pronounced.

Basically if your paying full price for this kit your buying a $450 noise maker. You can find vendors on here that will sell it in the 300s. I personally LOVE the sound it makes and I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Just don't expect any gains in power or mileage. Same goes for exhaust. Best way to increase mileage would be to get a programmer and find a company that does mileage tunes. There are tons.
Good luck with the truck man. Hope this helps answer your questions!
Thanks Logan,

I have always had good luck with installs on my other trucks with the intakes, and always personally felt good improvements on power and throttle response especially. I do agree that it probably won't help with gas mileage, but I don't see how the power gain won't be noticeable especially going from a single covered filter to two open filters.

Quick Reply: aFe Stage 2 Intake for Ecoboost