Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99-03 Ignition, PATS, RKE, remote starter, pke

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99-03 Ignition, PATS, RKE, remote starter, pke

Yes I’m sorry, I’m “that guy” today lol. I’ve searched through more threads than I can count here and at the 12V site and come up empty or with conflicting partial information. I have a PKE system with remote start that I purchased for my 2001 XLT. It has fairly decent reviews and I have a friend that has the same exact system on his ‘03 expedition but he had it installed at a shop that is no longer near where I live (Atlanta-Detroit). Bottom line I can’t find a shop up here willing to install it because “I didn’t buy it from them” and I’m not confident doing it myself without clear direction that I am connecting the right wires in the right places. Ie risking frying the pats, pcm, or gem module. I am looking to do this install with an oem finished look and operation of utilizing the push button start (dash mounted below the left center vent where the 4wd switch would be on a 4wd) and plugging/closing the steering shroud hole with the ignition barrel removed. I could also purchase a pats bypass and place the factory key chip (little white pill) inside that but I’d rather not if I don’t have to unless that’s the “proper method” as I only have one remaining chipped key for this truck and want to keep it somewhere safe just in case. I’m hoping to get really lucky and find someone who has installed the same system (easyguard ec002) or at least someone that does it for a living and can help me with some dummy proof wiring schematics). The manual and instructions from the unit are detailed but not very clear (poorly translated to English from Chinese/Mandarin).

Quick Reply: 99-03 Ignition, PATS, RKE, remote starter, pke